What's new

New Photographer (if i can call myself that yet) sharing first picture.

Emmerlina

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Stephenville Tx
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone! I recently got a DSLR camera to start learning with and exploring. Its the Canon Rebel T3 with the Kit lens and my parents also gave me a Canon EFS 55-250 lens to play with too. I have been taking picture of anything and taking multiple pictures of the same thing (a shoe, or a sitting buffalo) while changing settings just to see how the settings affected it. Yesterday I took pictures of my daughter swimming and I thought I would post one. I did darken the blacks in it a tad to help with the imbalance. Thanks for all the feedback you provide everyone! They are great learning tools for anyone. :)


$1301_Swimming014.webp
 
You should crop that bar out of the picture. It is a bit distracting. But your daughter is a cutie pie!
 
Agree with the cropping suggestion, and will also add that one of the biggest "mistakes" new photographers make is that of not holding their camera level/square in relation to the subject and horizon. If you look at the water in the shot, you will see that it appears to be leaning down toward frame right. This is easily fixed in post, but a something to concentrate on when shooting. Welcome to the madness and to TPF!
 
Ok, Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try to pay closer attention to getting a level shot. I did try to straighten it in the photo and also cropped out the bar. I do like it much better:)


$Edited Swim.webp
 
Just another newb here, but that is great. Beautiful kiddo and photo.

I do like the 2nd version better.

Great start!
 
I like the edit, and she is super cute!

When you get a good shot of the sitting buffalo, I'd like to see that too!
C (I'm new too)
 
Agree with the cropping suggestion, and will also add that one of the biggest "mistakes" new photographers make is that of not holding their camera level/square in relation to the subject and horizon. If you look at the water in the shot, you will see that it appears to be leaning down toward frame right. This is easily fixed in post, but a something to concentrate on when shooting. Welcome to the madness and to TPF!

I agree in general, but in this case it's most likely a circular wave moving away from the girl.
 
Her smile steals the show; the mild tilt and the inclusion of the bar- you have done away with them; so what else? kudos :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom