new pic c&c

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took this today, edited a little. what do you think? also, I notice two or three little specs on my lens that my lens pen won't get off... is this dust or something on the inside??
f3.5
1/5 sec.

4050653466_a9f31e4c41_b.jpg

Last edited:
C&C per req:

I very much like the idea here, but I believe the execution could be improved just a little bit.

I would like to see the composition opened up just a little to show the complete foreground bottle. As well, I think a bit more foreground illumination (either reflector or off-camera flash) would have helped greatly ('though a levels/curves tweak might help as well). The main issue however, is the large blow area top/back/left. This draws the eye away from the actual subject. This might well be worth reshooting at a different time of day, with a little extra lighting equipment if you can.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

I very much like the idea here, but I believe the execution could be improved just a little bit.

I would like to see the composition opened up just a little to show the complete foreground bottle. As well, I think a bit more foreground illumination (either reflector or off-camera flash) would have helped greatly ('though a levels/curves tweak might help as well). The main issue however, is the large blow area top/back/left. This draws the eye away from the actual subject. This might well be worth reshooting at a different time of day, with a little extra lighting equipment if you can.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

this is a different pic i cropped to get all the bottle but similar composition. better?

4049976665_95195e4a29_b.jpg

Yes, I definitely prefer image #2; having the first bottle completely in the shot and the second aligned with the rest, rather than slightly over-hanging improves the composition greatly.

Great advise number 2 is much better for me. Wow.

cool, thanks for the input. Goes to show you taking multiple shots is good. I wasn't going to use photo 2. somehow I looked over it, but photo 2 is much more in focus.

Most reactions

Back