New pics and bad news... CC please.

WaywardShinobi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.asronphotography.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so while hiking like I always do in the woods around my house, I tripped. I usually have great balance but I was distracted by a phone call. Fell right on my camera which was secured in a lowepro case on my side via my belt. Lcd is gone and the finder is misaligned... I took photos with it regardless and here are a few. I used PP in most of them, mostly sharpness, levels, and b&w/sepia.

4gngvp.jpg

Had to take tons of photos of this one and others like it just to make sure it was in focus (somewhat). I couldn't playback and the finder doesn't show it.

2yyxbg4.jpg

My buddy fishing in the background.

dscf0027.jpg

I think I did ok considering. Not to mention the horrible conditions, it was very cloudy so I didn't get very many shots.

Only problem now is that I'll have to buy a replacement camera for my mom so I won't be able to get a dSLR anytime soon... Heck, I'm still looking for a job. Oh well, one day though.

Anyway, your comments will be appreciated.

Last edited:
1 is out of focus, still. 2 is approaching that also, if not already there. And your buddy is distracting if hes not the subject. 3 is very snapshotish. Sun is dead center through drab conditions. Its hard to make a good photo out of shooting the sun directly through a tree.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Keep shooting.
Mark

Yeah, I knew they weren't so good, just felt like posting them cause they're going to be the last I take for a good bit. Sun was supposed to be pretty much top left and some of the lake was in it but the finder is way out of alignment (it got worse as time passed) but I still like it personally. The one with my buddy was supposed to be focused on him but I had af on and it wouldn't cooperate. Oh well...

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'll disagree on number 3. I think it's a great idea, the blackened vein-like reaches of the barren trees soaking up whatever sunlight they can.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back