New player needs advice

xcon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys i am very excited to be here. I am completely new to photography. I am wondering what kind of camera and lenses should i buy. i am very confused with all the shutter and aperture thing. is f number smaller the better or they all mean different things? Please, give me some explainations and suggestions mainly on what kind of camera and lens i should buy. my field should be on shooting person or models... if that helps. thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your question is a little vague. People will need more input from you to help you. First, what is your budget? Prices of cameras can go from a few hundred dollars to more than 40,000!!! Also, do you want a film or digital camera?

If you are after a digital SLR (dSLR) try typing 'dSLR for beginner' (or something similar) in the Search function at the top of the page. You will find a lot of threads and useful information.

If you do not know too much about camera equipment, I would say get a consumer grade DSLR type equipment. Or as Steph said, DSLR for beginner. As far as the lens goes, the Kit lens that usually packaged with the camera is good for beginner.

Once you have the camera and start using it for a little while, I am sure you will know more about the photography as well as camera equipments. (Of course, the learn curve involve reading and studying.) At that time, you will know what lens you would like to get.

However, if you like to learn more before you get your first equipment, you can take a look at the following thread.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123160

Most reactions

Back