New SLR’s to collect

Wonder if the Canon EOS 620 & 650 will ever be collectible? Some of the first EOS line. Still have my 620 (semi-functional) from college. Pentax K-1 might be collectible one day as its the first Pentax full frame digital.
I have (2) 620's, a 630 and a 650. doubt they will ever be collectible. I do love shooting with them.

I will look for a 90X.

I wasn't going to buy any more Canon's and move on to other brands but an A-1 in good shape for cheap came up and I don't have one.

90X or F100 will be next.

90X or F100 will be next.
The F100 was based off the F5 and allowed a more affordable high end option for users.
The F5 was the design introduction into the Nikon digital cameras we know today. I prefer the F90x over the F5 or a F100 because these latter cameras feel very much like a digital camera in 2022. The F90x is based on the older film camera design and functionality. It's still a highly capable camera. Possibly what may be considered it's biggest drawback for some may be the single point autofocus sensor. Despite this, autofocus itself is still quite slick and snappy, the camera feels great in the hand and it sounds fantastic imo.

You may wish to decide if you want a film camera or if you want a digital film camera. It's one way to kinda look at the F90x and F100.

The F100 was based off the F5 and allowed a more affordable high end option for users.
The F5 was the design introduction into the Nikon digital cameras we know today. I prefer the F90x over the F5 or a F100 because these latter cameras feel very much like a digital camera in 2022. The F90x is based on the older film camera design and functionality. It's still a highly capable camera. Possibly what may be considered it's biggest drawback for some may be the single point autofocus sensor. Despite this, autofocus itself is still quite slick and snappy, the camera feels great in the hand and it sounds fantastic imo.

You may wish to decide if you want a film camera or if you want a digital film camera. It's one way to kinda look at the F90x and F100.
I have recently really just moved into AF cameras and most of them have a single AF sensor. The most any of my camera’s have is 9. 45 of them seems absurd to me. Most of the time I turn off all but the center one anyway. It annoys me when one of the other sensors focuses and it’s not on what I want. I am looking for film cameras mostly. From what has been mentioned before Olympus only made one AF film camera so if I want Olympus AF camera’s I have to go digital. I don’t mind digital either.

My AF SLR's are all Minoltas, except for my Pentax PZ-1P. Like my a-9 and Dynax7, the 1P offers numerous progamable modes, plus an easy-to-use automatic one. Best used with "A" lenses to get all the exposure modes. Heavy(650grams) and well built(for a plastic type), I've stayed with it rather than going to the relatively fragile MZ-S. No optional battery grip, but the batteries seem to last forever, unless you use the 0n-board flash a lot for fill in.

I have lots of Minolta AF cameras and love love love them. I want an A9 but still to expensive for me.

On the Nikon F90X has anyone used one with the grip? I have grips for most of my Canon’s and my Minolta Maxxum 9000. I like them for those cameras but want to know if the Nikon ones add enough benefits to offset the weight.

I have lots of Minolta AF cameras and love love love them. I want an A9 but still to expensive for me.

On the Nikon F90X has anyone used one with the grip? I have grips for most of my Canon’s and my Minolta Maxxum 9000. I like them for those cameras but want to know if the Nikon ones add enough benefits to offset the weight.
MB-10 benefits are 4-AAs that last forever, vertical shutter release, improved ergonomics, minimal weight gain. Have them on both my N90s bodies.

So basically the same as most every other grip. On the list it goes. Thanks

Ok so it's not what we discussed but they were cheap. I got 3 N6006 and 1 N6000 with 3 lenses a 35-70, 35-80 and a 35-135 for $100.00 including shipping. They all work. Research says the door closure clip is weak and breaks a lot. Well I have extra's for parts now if needed/wanted. Not sure on the N6000, it was in the lot, as a MF only camera but who knows. They were cheap and I could recoup most if not all my money if I sold some of them. Don't know if I need or want all 3 lenses as one covers the same focal length as the other two. I found them late one night on eBay and we all know what happens when your up late on eBay. Anyway they seem nice and almost new. I figure they are a cheap way into the Nikon family and if I don't like them I'm not out much. One thing is they are backwards on lens mount and zoom so that will take some getting used to. I have found that they take the AF lens and not sure if an AF-S will work on them or not. I know an AF-P will not. Also not sure on G type lenses. Anyway I will use them and see then possibly better lenses and then an F90 or F100. I think I will like the fact that they won't take a vertical grip. If one is available for a camera I buy it and use it. This way I can keep the camera light by not having one for it. Everything seems pretty straight forward on it and has pretty much all the features I look for. I don't ever use DOF preview so I'm not missing it on this camera.

Not new (to me) and probably not super collectible, but i've got several Zeiss Ikons. Some more sentimental as one my dad bought new when he was stationed in Germany. Another one I bought second hand and used in college.

Ok so it's not what we discussed but they were cheap. I got 3 N6006 and 1 N6000 with 3 lenses a 35-70, 35-80 and a 35-135 for $100.00 including shipping. They all work. Research says the door closure clip is weak and breaks a lot. Well I have extra's for parts now if needed/wanted. Not sure on the N6000, it was in the lot, as a MF only camera but who knows. They were cheap and I could recoup most if not all my money if I sold some of them. Don't know if I need or want all 3 lenses as one covers the same focal length as the other two. I found them late one night on eBay and we all know what happens when your up late on eBay. Anyway they seem nice and almost new. I figure they are a cheap way into the Nikon family and if I don't like them I'm not out much. One thing is they are backwards on lens mount and zoom so that will take some getting used to. I have found that they take the AF lens and not sure if an AF-S will work on them or not. I know an AF-P will not. Also not sure on G type lenses. Anyway I will use them and see then possibly better lenses and then an F90 or F100. I think I will like the fact that they won't take a vertical grip. If one is available for a camera I buy it and use it. This way I can keep the camera light by not having one for it. Everything seems pretty straight forward on it and has pretty much all the features I look for. I don't ever use DOF preview so I'm not missing it on this camera.
Nikon made several 35-70 Nikkors - which iteration do you have? If you're not sure, what is the serial number? I'm not familiar with those particular camera models, but any Nikon with a built-in autofocus motor will autofocus AF-S, AF-I and AF-Nikkors. You got a great buy!

Not new (to me) and probably not super collectible, but i've got several Zeiss Ikons. Some more sentimental as one my dad bought new when he was stationed in Germany. Another one I bought second hand and used in college.
Are the Ikons AF?

Nikon made several 35-70 Nikkors - which iteration do you have? If you're not sure, what is the serial number? I'm not familiar with those particular camera models, but any Nikon with a built-in autofocus motor will autofocus AF-S, AF-I and AF-Nikkors. You got a great buy!
All the lenses say on them is Nikkor AF the focal length and aperture range

The N90x/F90x and especially the 801s/8008s are worth a look, provided they're clean and affordable. The N90x/F90x had a nasty problem with the finish on the film door turning to sticky goo--not a problem with the closely-related 801s/8008s.The F100 is highly sought after and usually overpriced. Not worth the premium IMHO. Be aware that only Ai/AiS or Ai-converted manual lenses work on these cameras, OK?

Can I ask your definition of "over priced" in terms of the F100?

Locally I can get one in very good condition, with a battery grip and 50mm lens for +- €300....

RAZKY I just looked closer at the 35-80 and it is a D lens no serial number. For some reason they shipped in different packages and I will be getting the others on Monday.

Can I ask your definition of "over priced" in terms of the F100?

Locally I can get one in very good condition, with a battery grip and 50mm lens for +- €300....

Haven't priced them for some time but N90s/F90X were way cheaper, usually <USD75-80. I you like the deal, go for it!

Most reactions

Back