New to DSLR...

PhOtoSITIVE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! I am fairly new to DSLR but have been serious about capturing life's moments since I was 9...I used a 35 mm film camera as a youngster and then graduated to a point and click. I've had my Nikon D3400 going on two months and have been practicing every day! Let me know what you think of my 'Cloud Fortress'. I am open to critique and thoughts!
Cloud Fortress

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
I enjoyd seeing some of your water drop shots, and the slow-speed shots of the birds in flight near the feeder. You've got the right ideas to make some spectacular photos. Keep shooting, and keep working with the D3400! It's a powerful,compact, easy-to-transport d-slr camera. It has good higher-ISO capabilities, and since it is a 3xxx series, it can also utilize many unmodified pre-AI F-mount lenses in fully manual modes, something that the 7xxx series and up cannot do!

OP
PhOtoSITIVE

PhOtoSITIVE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thank you Derrel! Definitely going to keep practicing. I will have to look more into the pre-AI F-mount lenses. I have been spending most of my time learning my current lenses and how to use the available light.

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Pre-Ai would be made from 1959 to about 1977 for Nikon-made lenses, some are a bit newer, the conversion to Ai was not immediately done in 1977 on all Nikon lens models. Some of the cool ones would be the 55mm f/3.5 Micro~Nikkor macro lens, often $35 or so in BGN shape: the front lens element is protected by the deep barrel recess, with a dime-sized front element being wayyyyyy over 1 inch back inside the filter threads. Other neat ones are 135/3.5 or 135/2.8. 50mm f/2 pre-Ai. 105/2.5 pre-Ai. In Ai, the 135/2.8 Ai is neat, and so is the skinny-barreled 200mm f/4 Ai model.

There are also pawnshop-type lenses in F-mount, made and sold by multiple Japan lens-makers, and sold as Vivitar, Quantaray, Kiron, and so on.

Most reactions

New Topics