New to everything nikon

Ken Rockwell is a mixed bag even though he has one of the more popular sites. I have noticed that his advice is aimed more at novice users as he oftens gives "common sense" advice. But as you progress, his advice seem to have less value as you are now more familiar with photography. That is the main reason why pros and advanced users think of him as rubbish. His shameless plug to earn money on his site doesn't seem to help his credibility either. Though personally I don't see anything wrong in earning in one's site but it can be done in a more discreet manner. But Ken Rockwell still has some merits but you still have to qualify his opinions. And in this article, I would have to agree with the rest even though I am no pro. A backpack is still a bag. At one point you will still have to carry your gear. And that is your business and nobody else's. As you progress, you may and most probably "outgrow" his opinions to say the least. Again he has his merits and again pros absolutely hate him. In the end, you will have to be the judge for yourself. Welcome to TPF! :)

Welcome from another noob from Socal. I opted for the backpack because I take either a motorcycle or a scooter wherever I go and feel my equipment is more protected from vibrations etc. when it's in a padded backpack on my back than if it was bungied to the reck or in the topbox. I guess it depends on your situation and wether or not you care what someone else thinks about your gear. I really don't give a...well...piece of feces.

Welcome to the forum, it is a great place to learn.
and I love the backpack thingy, It is so much easier on my back than a one shoulder strap bag.
enjoy your camera and all its possibilities!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back