new to film, nikon F5 or F6?

yah if you get the links post them plz... any help would be good... thanks

Hi Tossik, If you have the budget, go straight to the digital. The DSLR is a bit complicated but so are the top film cameras if you are to use either to their fullest. The thing is that the DSLR has instant feedback so you will know what you've done right faster so that you can do more of it.

Once again, If you can swing the D2Xs (take a hard look at the D200) then a 17-55 mm f2.8 and a 70-200 mm f2.8 VR will pretty much cover the zooms in Major style. A prime (single focal length) might be nice but likely would be unnecessary with those two zooms. You might want one for the light weight, say a 24mm f2.8 af.

Good luck, I'm sure you will make some salesman's day ;)

mike

P.S. when you get your kit, look into a course at a local collage. To tell you the truth, if I were you, I'd go talk to an instructor first. It might save you a load of mis-starts.

P.P.S. Spend some on a good photo quality printer, prints look different hanging on a wall than an image on a monitor.

hey mike E, well i do want to get a digital too but want film aswell. i will only use the f5 that i wanna get for B/W images that i would develop and make in a darkroom i want to build soon... then i want to get either a canon 1d mark II or the d2xs or d2x to do color images... i think ill get nikon both film and digital just so i can use the lenses without converters... i hve a olympus e500 dlsr right now that i want to get rid off and move on to this plan that i have in mind...

to be honest there is this hobby photographer guy at my church that pisses me off... he takes pictures around church events and then charges for the images after that without saying that he will.... he takes pics of everything, so other people think that he will share but he charges... it got to me after my baptism last year when he took pictures for the church, but la desided to charge for all the pics... i bought like 7 pictures for like $200 from that day... so i just dont want to rely on him and take pro shots my self :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back