New to forum... need help deciding on new Camera Body

BTW... is a 5d considered "entry level"???
I certainly wouldn't thing so. It's starting price was around $3000 or more.

Having said that, it's got the same build quality as the 20D & 30D. While neither of those are 'entry level' cameras either, they are short of the 'pro' bodies (1 series).

The 5D is certainly a big step up from what I do consider the 'entry level' bodies...which are the Rebel series.

thought so.

I'm heading over to best buy right now to play with the 40d & 50d and see if I like either of them.

well considering I already have 7 Canon lenses in my bag at the moment (and 1 more on order), I've obviously decided to stick with Canon.. just can't decided which body is best to upgrade to from my 20d.

Sorry I missed that part of it. My bad. I read the first graph, and didn't catch that you have been doing this for years (I wouldn't call you a beginner, and this is the beginners forum, so I am guilty of not reading the whole post).

I know squat about Canon bodies other than I hate the Rebel XTi I shoot at work with a passion because it is complete garbage... and that's not very helpful.

haha... no worries mate. yeah ive shot with an xti too... not very fun.

just got back from best buy, they had a 40d and older 5d (can't believe they are still trying to sell them for $3200 with the soon arrival of the mkII) on display but no 50d. 40d looks nice and i might consider it but seeing as I could probably get a 50d for like $200 more right now thats kinda what I'm leaning towards (unless i jump up to the 5dmkII).

I'm gonna hit up a new camera store that I saw just opened on the way home tomorrow some time to see if I can play with a 50d.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back