New to HDR and having trouble...

Tim N

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been trying to get some HDR trial shots done using the bracketing on my D70. I'm using Luminance HDR (freebie) to try to merge and adjust the image, but am having issues I can't seem to figure out. I will post the 3 pics (+2,0,-2 EV) If you can merge them to show me the result you get, I would appreciate it.

DSC_3125.jpg

DSC_3124.jpg

DSC_3123.jpg

Still learning and have been researching how, but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks.

What do you think HDR Is going to accomplish here? The biggest problem with HDR is that people think it will make a crappy shot look amazing.

I like to follow this simple formula

crap + hdr = crap
Great Shot + HDR = may or may not be crap

I did not say anything about this being an amazing shot or anything. It's a trial and error with the blown out openings in the gazebo and the wood details from inside and trying to balance out the shot to show the details inside with the sky outside.

And thanks for that awe inspiring criticism and not helping. I'm all for C&C on my posts, but this was helpful.

Here you go... Merged and tonemapped with Photomatix. Very basic editing in Photoshop.

Ceiling.jpg

What part aren't you getting?

How far into the process are you before you get stumped?

Here's what I get with Luminance:

HDRt4.jpg

Lighten it up a little bit:

HDRt5.jpg

I just threw this together with photomatix. Detail Enhancer.

DSC_3123_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

I wonder if we'll hear back from the OP.
88007-490.gif
88007-490.gif

I wonder if we'll hear back from the OP.
88007-490.gif
88007-490.gif

I don't know, but the different HDR interpretations of the same image opens up possibilities for some future competition. We ought to regularly post three shots and see how different people process them.

here's my edit
Photomatix 4
Lightroom 3 touchup clarity/sharpness
Photoshop masking layers
Nik color efex in opacity layers
Topaz adjust in opacity layers
2iu7qk5.png

I don't know, but the different HDR interpretations of the same image opens up possibilities for some future competition. We ought to regularly post three shots and see how different people process them.

Sounds like fun. I'm game.

^Me too.

Anyone else use Dynamic Photo HDR?

I use DPHDR 5 at times tell you what next edit I do I will do it with dynamic
will post it up saturday

What do you think HDR Is going to accomplish here? The biggest problem with HDR is that people think it will make a crappy shot look amazing.

I like to follow this simple formula

crap + hdr = crap
Great Shot + HDR = may or may not be crap

how about:

great shot - hdr = better than great shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back