New to Photograhy need some comments.

ubecrew610

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i am new to photography and i want to get some comments on a few pics that i have taken over the last week or so. Also is there a good book i can pick up that might help me get a better understanding of the basics?

Friends Bike
F4I.jpg

Puppy at a Rescue
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

don't rly care for the bike i'd try a shallower dof
but i kinda like the dog ones (there rly cute)

I just thought the bike pic looked good as it has nice lighting and a good focus range. Thanks for the comments. Those puppies are at a local rescue i was taking pictures for. if u want one i can get u there number. lol

I agree the bike one needs a little work or maybe a re-shoot and the puppies are great ..excellent composition and clarity in those shots

depth of Field.

I think what he is saying is that the depth of field should be more on the bike and less on the back ground. That way the back ground blurs out more and is not so distracting. IT will help the bike pop more.
Maybe even change the back ground so it is not a green bike with a green back ground. Park it infront of a wall or something that is a different color and then make the DOF shallower so that the background blurs

Have you done any editing to these shots?

PS Welcome to Photography and I am kinda a Newbie too I just post alot!!! LOL

I just thought the bike pic looked good as it has nice lighting and a good focus range. Thanks for the comments. Those puppies are at a local rescue i was taking pictures for. if u want one i can get u there number. lol
This is what Marmots was talking about I think with regards to the more shallow depth of field making the bike stand out more.
Before:
F4I.jpg

After:
bike.jpg

You did pretty good about filling the frame with your subjects.

Someone will mention it sooner or later so..... Centered subjects are usually not quite as interesting as off centering them a little. For a start check out the 'Rule of Thirds' with google, or just check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Last edited:
KmH beat me to it.

You caught the puppy at a good moment in the third. What lens are you using though? (Does anyone else think that bokeh looks a little funky in the upper left?)

Most reactions

Back