New to photography...C&C please.

Gregg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i received a kodak z650 from a friend and i've always had a thought to make photography into a hobby. So now that i have a camera and i decided to go out and take some shots. Any C&C would be really appreciated, maybe some good readings on where to start. Especially on aperture, shutter speeds and lighting. Thanks in advance.

3107358951_78bf0a6158_m.jpg

3108153366_95900d957a_m.jpg

looking at ur pics.. wish i could give you some advice but i am new at this too!! good luck..

Welcome to photography, I hope you can get into it!

Some great colors in both of them! Could you try making them a little larger next time so it's easier to see?

Some things I see:

Image #1: Great view and perspective, this could be a very nice photo. I would recommend doing auto levels as it seems a bit heavy on the reds and greens as well as reducing your saturation a tad. This will give it a much more natural and toned down look.

Image #2: There is some amazing lighting going on here coupled with an awesome sun set/rise. It appears you are taking this inside a moving vehicle. Make sure you have a high enough shutter speed, there appears to be some blurring do to movement. You could always try and take it at a stop sign/light as well! Also, there is quite a bit of interference from the window reflection. For shots like this, turn off your flash (which I believe you did) as well as your AF assist lamp (That caused the reflection in the bottom left.) Finally do your best to reduce light coming from inside the vehicle by turning off as many lights as possible inside and trying to keep the area of glass you are shooting through from having too much glare. You could always pull over real quick and grab the shot and that would solve both problems!

Keep up the good work and keep em coming!

Thanks for the input Jaq I appreciate it.

Also, any advice on how to upload a larger picture. I just used the code from photobucket.

Hi Gregg. As a piece of advice on the size of your photos I'd suggest you resize them (in a manner controlled by yourself) to a size for web-presentation you decide on. We suggest people show their photos at 800x533px (or 800x600px for those that work with 4:3 sizes), that's just the right size for everyone, also those with older screens, to see the photo in one, not needing to scroll, and the right size for everyone to see enough detail, too, to be able to comment.

I don't know what your post processing software is. I downsize my photos in an antediluvian version of Photoshop and save the downsized version in an extra folder (keeping the original intact!!!), and I save them at "10 - maximun" instead of the highest resolution of "12 - maximum". This tiny reduction in resolution is enough for Photobucket to accept my photos in the size I have chosen for them, i.e. the 800px width (when it is a horizontal frame). See what I mean?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back