What's new

New to photography..comment or critique is welcomed

javafriek

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
U.S.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've always had an interest in photography and have just now finally purchased a camera and some study material. My wife and I are really interested in this as a hobby and possibly more. This is our first week taking a few shots just experimenting so any advice would be welcomed :) Just a couple for now, working on inserting watermarks and experimenting with lighting. Thanks guys!">
">">">
 
That bad huh? lol
 
#2 is my favorite but I would crop out the train tracks if it were my photo. Personal preference of course.
 
#2 is my favorite but I would crop out the train tracks if it were my photo. Personal preference of course.

I LOVE the second one. Something about it just grabs me. Only thing missing is some clouds, that'dve made it for me. Love the apples too! Great job!
 
Thanks guys! Had a bookstore day yesterday trying to get some camera specific information and basics on photography before I venture into image editing software. Any suggestions on the best image editing software?
 
Well If money is no object then Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2 or wait a few months for Lightroom3.

2 is a nice shot. I like the warmth of the sun but still wet from the dew/fog in the lower section. I kind of like the train tracks kind of shows how man has reached even the best places in nature.
TJ
 
Thanks TJ. That's one of the things I was going for in that one.
 
wow you obviously studied up before jumping into your pictures i think 2 is beast and preferably i like the train tracks cause you can still see the rays of sunlight reflecting off so cutting it out would cut out part of the rays
 
#2 is awesome but the train tracks aren't doing much for me.
 
I like the first 3 very much. The first one is definitely my favorite, but the second one is a close second. I think the train tracks actually make it a lot better -- they give the appearance that there's something more than the photo, which is exactly what you should be trying to convey.
 
Number two is a keeper. Not sure how you would enhance it in some sort of PP but it has some great potential. If you can repeat that shot with different lenses and settings, I would love to see you post them. Reminds me of Haile, Louisiana.
 
I like 2 also, I do think it would benefit from a crop or different composition. I love the light the way it comes through without look overly exposed.
 
Thanks again guys..pcacj you said it reminds you of Louisiana, well i'm not far from there I'm in Mississippi :)
 
I'm with TJ K, if you can aford it get the industry standard Adobe Photoshop CS4 ($699) (the Extended version ($999) would be even better for the 3D editing capability) and Lightroom ($299). The 2 compliment each other and you would need nothing else.

Higher Education students can get CS4 Extended and Lightroom at substantial discounts, 80% off for CS4 Extended and 66% off for Lightroom.

If cost is an issue, start with Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 ($80), get Lightroom as soon as you can.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom