New to photography. New to the boards...

MrLogic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have no experience with photography, but decided to share some photos anyway, in order to improve my err.. picture-taking skills. Comments and critiques are more than welcome. Photos taken on Easter Sunday at about 8am with a Lumix-FZ8.

p1000583eo5.jpg

p1000595su7.jpg

p1000598ts1.jpg

Nice landscapes man. Looks like you got the composition done right and the lighting is good as well.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, MrLogic.
I only saw the first photo show up and thought "Netherlands", then looked to the left, and there it says under your screenname "Netherlands"! :D

Of the three quite similar views of one and the same motif, I personally like the first best ... to my mind that photo is best composed, though I do like the light on the poplars (I think they are) in the other two. But even with the row of trees lit up, they still cannot win over the first in my estimation.

I'll be nice to you anyway. Welcome!
Nice photos. That area has a lot of potential. Try looking for less ordinary angles. I would add some post process to the images. Photoshop can but still haven't killed anyone :)

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, MrLogic.
I only saw the first photo show up and thought "Netherlands", then looked to the left, and there it says under your screenname "Netherlands"! :D
LOL yeah, it's a former creek/estuary in the south-west of the Netherlands, near the Belgian border. I guess it's pretty typical. And thanks.

Of the three quite similar views of one and the same motif, I personally like the first best ... to my mind that photo is best composed, though I do like the light on the poplars (I think they are) in the other two. But even with the row of trees lit up, they still cannot win over the first in my estimation.
Well, I don't know the first thing about photo composition, or photography for that matter. Where to start? There aren't any photography courses in my area, at least not until the beginning of September.

I'll be nice to you anyway. Welcome!
Nice photos. That area has a lot of potential. Try looking for less ordinary angles. I would add some post process to the images. Photoshop can but still haven't killed anyone :)
Thanks. I guess it hasn't, but I'm brand new to Photoshop as well... I'm a "n00b" in every sense of the word.

Thanks for the comments, people. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back