New to Photography =)

LadyIsis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, as the title says I'm new to this. The pics are some I've taken in the past, and I was just wanting some tips on how I can get better. I don't like using PS, its a pain, and on these I haven't used PS. I will be adding pics later on too, and maybe continue adding more(?). Let me know what you think.

dsc03717ok.jpg

snowchristmasandstuff04.jpg

mypicturesfrommycompute.jpg

Last edited:
Resize the pics so they are 800 px.

#1. Nicely shot...I liked it.

#2. Does'nt make any sense..sorry.

#3. Good one...really nice shot.

#4. Another wasted shot....sorry.

#5. Count only as a snapshot....

Anyway, nice try and keep it going and you are on right track.

#1 animals look a lot better without wire in front of them, shoot through the wire if possible.

#4 looks very awkward with the dangly bit coming in horizontally. It should really be rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

#1. Nicely shot...I liked it.

#2. Does'nt make any sense..sorry.

#3. Good one...really nice shot.

#4. Another wasted shot....sorry.

#5. Count only as a snapshot....

Anyway, nice try and keep it going and you are on right track.

thanks, yea the second one was of the snow we had this winter. mostly i liked the way the light played across the snow.

#1 animals look a lot better without wire in front of them, shoot through the wire if possible.

#4 looks very awkward with the dangly bit coming in horizontally. It should really be rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

mmm... i'll keep that in mind, but with the animal, it was waay to close to the fince. but i will keep that in mind later on.
yea, i tried it that way, but with the light it looked really odd. lol thanks for the tips.

these next photos were taken last year in Engles Nest, New Mexico over the 4th of July weekend for my family reunion.

I love babies....:))

#1. I would've loved this sky shot if those power grids were not there....you can do PP and erase it..:)

#2. I agree this is a tough shot since the lighting and shade are to be precise even though a sleeping baby is the best model to shoot...somehow this snap shot not up to the mark.

#3. Same here....a difficult shot but original...that fur is mostly taking the baby's charm..:))

#4. The best shot in the lot. Only thing I would've asked for is the tail end of mr Squirrel and if possible complete silver foil container....other wise, this is a good shot.

I love babies....:))

#1. I would've loved this sky shot if those power grids were not there....you can do PP and erase it..:)

#2. I agree this is a tough shot since the lighting and shade are to be precise even though a sleeping baby is the best model to shoot...somehow this snap shot not up to the mark.

#3. Same here....a difficult shot but original...that fur is mostly taking the baby's charm..:))

#4. The best shot in the lot. Only thing I would've asked for is the tail end of mr Squirrel and if possible complete silver foil container....other wise, this is a good shot.

PP what is that? o.o is it like PhotoShop?
mm... true the babys were not the best shots.
heres another shot of the squirrel, let me know if its any better.

the other one is of a building i saw in downtown San Antonio, Texas.. and really liked, thou taking pics of buildings, and other things like that are what i like best :D

dsc03622t.jpg

Yes...PP is Photoshop in this forum at-least...:))

And to be honest, I liked the previous Squirrel itself...this one has an over exposure in the background....:(

And your building shot is really a good one.....and it shows your taste. As they say, if you have a specific taste in something, try to do more in that...and horn your skills.

Question : Is this building having some kinda slanting ? Seems it is leaning to one side....:))

PP=post processing, so photoshop or anything similar

Yes...PP is Photoshop in this forum at-least...:))

And to be honest, I liked the previous Squirrel itself...this one has an over exposure in the background....:(

And your building shot is really a good one.....and it shows your taste. As they say, if you have a specific taste in something, try to do more in that...and horn your skills.

Question : Is this building having some kinda slanting ? Seems it is leaning to one side....:))

ok.. thats what i thought lol, thats why i picked that one at first.

thanks, buildings are my first love in photography. :mrgreen:
umm.. no... but maybe it looks like it does cause i was REALLY far away? :(

PP=post processing, so photoshop or anything similar

ahh.. ok thanks for the info. :D

heres some pics of stairs along the River Walk in San Antonio. :D

dsc03746h.jpg

dsc03758v.jpg

Last edited:
heres some more pics i've taken in the past, C&C please. :D

dsc03770hr.jpg

dsc03687wx.jpg

Most of your b&w shots lack contrast.

#1 (stairs) and #3 (tunnel) are good compositions, but they bore me. I'm not sure why. I think with #1 it is because there is so, so, so much gray. It also feels cramped.

The shadows in #3 bug me. As well as the blown highlights. Compositionally, yes, you have the right idea -- the receding arcs direct the viewer's eye into the picture, but I guess the problem is there's no subject being directed to -- just a really boring wall.

Most of your b&w shots lack contrast.

#1 (stairs) and #3 (tunnel) are good compositions, but they bore me. I'm not sure why. I think with #1 it is because there is so, so, so much gray. It also feels cramped.

The shadows in #3 bug me. As well as the blown highlights. Compositionally, yes, you have the right idea -- the receding arcs direct the viewer's eye into the picture, but I guess the problem is there's no subject being directed to -- just a really boring wall.

yea, now that i think bout it the first one is really gray,
at the time i wasn't thinking bout that. next time i will be careful.

mm... i see what your saying. so if i had had a person (or something)
at the end of them would that have helped?
ok... this really helps, thanks for the tips. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back