New to the forums

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to say hi to all. I just bought a D40 with the standard 18-55mm lens. It's my first D-SLR but I have been into photography for a while now using a film SLR. I have only had a chance to take a few pics so far, but here's a couple of shots from my day at the park. Let me know if you see anything that I could have done better, and I hope to hear from, and contribute soon.
DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

welcome :)

the third one appears a bit flat and grey, i guess the light was not really ideal

a slightly wider angle (or wtepping back) could have helped the first two images, also the horizon appears a bit tilted.

exposure wise the first two are nice

Wow the first to are great. How did you get such a great shot in low light. Please tell what settings your were using. Shutter speed, apature, and iso setting thanks.

Wow the first to are great. How did you get such a great shot in low light. Please tell what settings your were using. Shutter speed, apature, and iso setting thanks.

it is in the exif

first image:
1/20 second
f/3.6
ISO 800

The third one is not in the same league as the first two. Looks as if you took that one in much brighter conditions.

The horizon is off in the first, but is by far the best shot and can be corrected. The tower in the second on is distracting.

Sorry, I just noticed this was your first post here on TPF. Welcome aboard.

Great pictures and welcome to the SLR world from a fellow NOOB! I saw that it was OK to edit your photos so I just took 5 minutes to do just a little touch up on the first one to fix the horizon line and just a little contrast and color mod just to make it POP a little bit. When I fixed the horizon (although it might still be a little off...didn't measure exactly) I had to crop a little off of your existing picture. Hope this helps.

BallonsRedone.jpg

it looks good. Thanks for all of the info/suggestions guys. I need a better tripod, one with a level. I didn't realize that I had the tripod tilting a little when I was taking the pics.

This thread belongs into the General Gallery.
The Beginners' Place is more like a Q&A-forum, and the galleries are what they are ... erm ... :er: ... GALLERIES. For photos :D. (Only one's own, of course ;)).

By the way, I think the first is wonderful.

And welcome to ThePhotoForum, jlykins.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back