New To The Photography World...

youyesyou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got a camera last weekend. Its a Kodak EasyShare CX6330. I've never really taken pictures in my life, but my friends seem to think I do quite a good job for being a beginner.

Anyhow, I would like to see what you think of my photos. I don't have a server of my own (well, I do, but the one I have seems to have exploded), so I have to use LiveJournal. Just scroll to the bottom and click "earlier" to see some of my other photos. I don't have many photos up now (though I've taken quite a few that I like), but I'll get the rest of em up soon.

Oh, and I'm a 16 (17 on Friday) year old junior in high school. You know...just incase you care. A little bit of constructive critisism is more than welcome.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/youyesyou_/

Thanks.

That picture on your homepage... what is it?

Aaron

Ahh, that's why I like that picture so much. No one can tell what it is!

But if you must know, it's an overturned flower pot that's been sitting on my back porch forever.

Yeah, you definitely have an eye. I see a style there, which is kind of weird. I'm not used to seeing that in a beginner. They are like snapshots that aren't snapshots. That isn't a put down, BTW. I wish I could remember this guy's name... He's refined the snapshot into it's own artform. This one in particular made me think of him. I'll try to dig up his name.

you have a really good eye for the abstract mate! I like the first on this page:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/youyesyou_/2004/04/25/

are you able to link the pics to this board? it be great to see them here instead of jumping to the site (not that i don't mind going to your site :))

good work matey!

I've seen your photos and agree with them....you've good eyes....the primary important ting for photography :)

Agree, you do have a good eye! Keep it up!!

I just wanted to let you know that you can directly link to the photos and post them like this if you want:

pipe.jpg

Just go to the picture you want to post, right click on it and go to properties. In the properties window that comes up is a link, which is the link to the picture. Just copy that link and put it in the tags, and you're all set :)

-Dan

If you are just starting out, your compositional choices are probably being made mostly by instinct. Photography becomes less of a hit-or-miss proposition once conscious choice starts to enter the picture. I would pick up a book that talks about composition (Bryan Peterson's Learning to See Creatively is my personall fave) and see what it has to say. There are a lot of choices to make (focal, length, aperture, etc), and not all of them are camera settings. The more choices you make consciously, the more control you have over how an image will turn out.

markc said:
I would pick up a book that talks about composition (Bryan Peterson's Learning to See Creatively is my personall fave) and see what it has to say.

Its a good book for beginners. You should get hold of one.

Am I weird? I knew what it was right away o_O. Anyways! I enjoyed this one, and the next one (I zipped through them) with the papers :)

I agree with everyone else, good eye. Luky :)

Am I weird? I knew what it was right away o_O. Anyways! I enjoyed this one, and the next one (I zipped through them) with the papers :)

I agree with everyone else, good eye. Luky :)

Most reactions

Back