New to the site, just want to say hey!

clbd39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey how's it going, I'm new to the forum, I've been in the SLR world for almost 2 years and taking pictures casually for quite a while, just now starting to get a little more serious about it and enjoy the camera more! :)

I'm from Southeast Missouri and have a small gear collection

Body:

Nikon D40x, Nikon D80

Lens:
Nikon 18-135 Kit lens
Nikon 50 mm f/1.8

Flash:
Vivtar HV-285

So far photography is just a hobby and I take some pictures for friends and family members and do some freelance work for the local paper's sports or when they need some extra help

I got to borrow their 70-200 mm f/2.8 VR and fell in love with that lens so I'm looking for the Nikon (non push-pull) 80-200mm lens as my next lens and maybe an 85mm f/1.8 and a 35mm f/1.8 to expand my collection

I've been browsing the site for a while though and I know I have lots to learn! Been on forums for a while too so I figure this site could be like a few of the others I'm on sooooooooo I look forward to learning more!

Here's my newly started blog if anyone cares lol

C Berens Photography

And I guess I'l post some pics for critique since I might as well, they're kinda all over the place since this isn't themed, just some pics I took that I like...

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0192b.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0067_8_9.jpg

Welcome, I am sure you will learn a lot here if you poke around a bit!

Welcome!!!!!! start reading up dude, there are lots to learn here!!

I like the HDR of the car.

welcome!!!!

Thanks, that was a big ole'... RED welcome lol

I'm trying to browse lol, i'm used to my other forums (nasioc.com and so on) hopefully i can find out where to start lol

thanks all

so one question, where would be the best place to start on this forum for learning about basic photo "rules" and examples of different "styles"

or will i get the "search newb" talk lol

Yes/No
The best place to start is here in the beginner forum. The way to find what you want here though is basically to search around the beginner forum or just go through a couple pages and see if anything there is useful. GL and have a great time here! No question is a dumb question.
tj

Most reactions

Back