New to this forum. Here is a photo I took recently.

I don't see a picture.
All is see is a link to somewhere else.

It's a nice link, all red and stuff, but, if you had read any posts here before you made that link, you'd have seen that people want to see pictures posted here.
And they also would like to know why you took the picture the way you did, what you are trying to show and why you are showing it here.
That helps the viewer to understand

Is there a reason you chose to have 90% of the pen out of focus?

Is there a reason you chose to have 90% of the pen out of focus?

That way it's easier to focus on the watermark in the corner. Because...you know the demand for out of focus pen shots are so great one must protect their intellectual property.

Take it easy guys, no need to be a dick to the guy on his first post.
rajeevrmenon - please edit you post as per travelers advice so the picture is embedded in the post, you will get a lot more comments that way.
My C&C is that too much of the pen is out of focus and the picture seems a bit boring. Perhaps would have better to have some nice handwriting on the paper to add a bit of interest to the shot.

Gives you this:
Pen+%26+Paper.jpg

Thanks for all comments. I know there is nothing so great about this snap. Just shared a pic to see how and what kind of comments I receive. Thanks Fokker for embedding the picture. I made this post in a hurry, so just ignored the invalid url error when I tried to embed the picture. I also thought to have something written on the paper, good to know somebody else also thought the same way. The watermark is not for protecting anything ;) I kind of liked that font and it kind of suited the picture. Anyways, thank you all for responding to my first post in here. My intention is to get some advices, criticism and some appreciation. :)

Hi friends, what is the other way to embed a picture in the post. I tried the image icon on the html editor. I can upload the picture from my computer, but the uploaded image doesn't show up in my post. I tried to find a help on posting content, but no luck. I am using the google chrome browser. Please let me know if anyone has an answer.

rajeevrmenon said:
Hi friends, what is the other way to embed a picture in the post. I tried the image icon on the html editor. I can upload the picture from my computer, but the uploaded image doesn't show up in my post. I tried to find a help on posting content, but no luck. I am using the google chrome browser. Please let me know if anyone has an answer.

You cant upload from computer directly to thread. Upload some pictures to flickr. Click on share (at Flickr) then choose grab the code. Copy the BBCODE and paste it right here

The exposure looks ok. Your sig on the bottom actually doesn't bother me, but its really the only thing to look at in the image. What was your goal with this pic? Meaning behind it? Anything?

Rajeev; I think if the tip of the pen had a striking sharpness, and the other part had vanished gradually but thoroughly, this image would have been more effective.... the tip of the pen should have been more towards the camera.....I really like your artistic signature.... may be it is distracting that way....

Regards :D

Thanks Frequency. I am posting few more pictures (I finally opened a flickr account. thanks MTVision for the suggestion). Please let me know how I could have made these shots better in terms of technicality and the composition.

6918888247_a8ecb566d6_b.jpg

6918888167_795106180a_b.jpg

6918887843_d5d9449fec_b.jpg

6918887639_c0dfc0657c_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back