New to this group...

IzzieK

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody...

I discovered this forum this morning and am very pleased that you have such a forum from amateurs like me. I am not really a beginner in photography -- but I am very much an amateur in certain facet of taking pictures. English is not my first language but I can write and understand English very well. I am hoping I am in the right place where I can enjoy photo improvement discussions with a lot of fun and interaction from members here.

Please do apologize my sometimes ignorance in asking questions for things that I do not know but can't express myself fully. Even my husband has difficulties understanding me sometimes too and I have to explain whatever I am saying in another way. :wink:

I can't say anymore, so I better get out of here and navigate this site before I get my feet wet.

Cheers...I hope to find you all well and happy.

Last edited:
Welcome and all that funky jazz... From Houston, Texas!

How you liking that D800e?

Also, you listen to those Aussies Ben and Aaron on their podcast??

Welcome and all that funky jazz... From Houston, Texas!

How you liking that D800e?

Also, you listen to those Aussies Ben and Aaron on their podcast??
I just acquired my D800E very, very recently and haven't it out for an outing yet, so I cannot answer your question yet. I bought it primarily for taking to the USAF Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Our sedate outing will be there this coming June. So far I like the touch of it in my hands. It fits! and I am happy about that part so far.

'Still trying to discover any nits I may have in it so I can do something about it. This is my first FF camera.

Welcome to the site.

OK, Izzie.
You say you come from Missouri and Melbourne but English is not your native language.
Now I have met people from both of those place and they both spoke English reasonably well (altho I had a bit of trouble with those from Australia).

Come on. Where are you from? :blushing:

OK, Izzie.
You say you come from Missouri and Melbourne but English is not your native language.
Now I have met people from both of those place and they both spoke English reasonably well (altho I had a bit of trouble with those from Australia).

Come on. Where are you from? :blushing:
Dad's chinky eyed (Asian); Mom's espangol (Latino). 'Went to live and worked in the Land of Oz and almost grew up there. Aussie English is not really hard to understand, it is the accent that one needs to get used to -- and their expressions. It is pretty much the same as two Texans having a conversation with a Brit. Get the picture?:lol: I will not be a good witness in Judge Judy's court. I write good English though (according to me...) because I have time to think and press the delete/backspace button if I think I am not communicating what I want to say well.

I've never been to Oz but to Asia a good deal.
Well, Izzie, welcome to you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Best wishes from the mid-Atlantic states.

Lew

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back