New to this place!

Kimmied9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Kim and I'm from NM! We have some really amazing places to shoot here, I've been trying on my own but I need some help. I have a Nikon D60 and learning the ins and outs of this camera is a challange! If anyone has any advice on the Nikon's please let me know.

Thanks!

Welcome! I shoot nikon you can ask me for help I'll try my best to answer! First thing you should do is read the manual thoroughly until you really understand all the concepts not only on paper but in practice

+1. Your D60 is a tool. To be effective using it you need to know, like having a Swiss Army knife, where all the various bells and whistlers are, and why they are bells and whistles.

That is where your camera users manual comes into play. One read through is not enough. I'm experienced, but keep my camera manual close at hand.

I had a D60 for a while. One of the things that I found really handy was using the 'Quick Menu'. Check it out in your users manual.

Hey, I'm also new & what I have found helpful besides reading the manual is going on youtube & searching for tutorials for the camera. I have a canon 500d but I'm sure they'll have them for your nikon as well. Good luck!

Manuals are rarely good learning resources but for some reason "read the manual" is frequent offered advice around here for people who seem to be starting out (which may or may not apply to the OP here). Don't get me wrong, the manual is a great reference for those who have the concepts down, but until you get to that point, don't expect expect much help from a manual.

If "I know what I want to do in this situation but don't know how to do it with this camera" applies to you, the manual is the right place to go.

If "I don't know what to do in this situation" or "I don't generally know what to do" applies to you, look elsewhere first, like a beginner digital photography book (such as Kelby's) or the open internet.

If "I don't know what to do in this situation" or "I don't generally know what to do" applies to you, look elsewhere first, like a beginner digital photography book (such as Kelby's) or the open internet.

...and then look in the manual to see how to do it with your camera. :lol:

Are there any other books out there that can get me to the place I need to be where the manual makes sence?

I never used my manual. I just fiddled and fiddled until I got it to do what I wanted to do. would have been nice to have read it before I tried to clean it though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back