New today!

Kdsmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

I am so excited that I found this forum! I have already found some interesting information that I cannot wait to experiment!! About me, I am a busy momma from Illinois finishing out my BA in Accounting... I know kinda odd that I'm wasting my creative bone :( but that is why I want to know all about photography.. I would love to update my equipment one day and grow my experience and one day have an in home studio to keep it interesting. My husband bought me a Canon Rebel T1i for Christmas with the 18-55mm lens with IS. I have just started learning about the f stops, ISO, and shutter speeds so I know I have a LONG way to go!! I do have one question right off the bat.. I have a little money saved up and I would like to get a better zoom lens. My five year old plays basketball in a building where parents sit in balcony seating... not a very good setting for pics. I was looking and very interested in the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM. Is this a good lens for what I need it for and possibly for nature/landscape shots?

Thanks a lot! That is great information.. will I like this lens (70-200) really well for outdoor shots as well? I am terribly new at this and still am at the point where this will probably be the last one I buy for a while... I would have to save still for that good of a lens.... is it worth the wait or should I experiment more with less????

Most reactions

New Topics

Back