Newbie Here

konrad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello TPF members! This is my first post so I am a real newby. Just bought a Nikon D5000 after using a Casio EX-Z4 4mp for several years. Loved the Casio (still use it) but just could not get the control I wanted with it. There's taking pictures and then there's photography.

I'm not new to photography. Some time ago I shot film (Pentax Spotmatic) SLR. Also did a lot of underwater pix in Florida,the Keys, and the Bahamas using a Nikonos.

I look forward to learning a lot on this board. I tend to be more of a lurker than a poster. My son shoots a Canon 5D MarkII and thus thinks I should have gone with Canon. I think the D5000 is probably the perfect step up camera for me although I wish I had gotten the D90. To be honest, I doubt that I could take any better pictures with the D90 though.

I have a Nikon 18-105 zoom with a Hoya HMC Super UV filter. I have a Manfrotto 190 aluminum tripod with a Bogen bag, and a LowePro compact camera bag. Nothing complicated, just a good entry level DSLR outfit.

Just bought Galen Rowell's 1991 book on the inner game of photography.
Wow! Highly recommend it. Makes you really think about what you're trying to do with your pictures and what photography means to you.

Have fun out there!

Konrad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back