[Newbie][Photography course and books to kick off]

Rohit Singh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Guys,

I am newbie to the world of photography. Kindly suggest good course and books to learn photography.

-Rohit

Hello Guys,

I am newbie to the world of photography. Kindly suggest good course and books to learn photography.

-Rohit

Take a look at Chelsea and Tony Norton's E book How To Create Stunning Digital Photography available on Amazon. My understanding is that it pretty much stays near the top of sales for photography books. What I like about it is that it is mixed media (both text and videos) and exercises at the end of each chapter. The Nortons also have a place for you to post photos for critique. Another thing you might want to look into is local photography clubs / organizations and maybe even a photography course at the local jr college.

Hello and welcome, there are lots of very useful videos on utube........

I took classes and our text book was "A Short Course in Photography" by London and Stone. It was the bare bones of photographing with any camera and even a chapter on the darkroom, perhaps even digital editing in the later versions. I picked mine up at a used book store for $4.00. I hear workshops can be good to learn a particular skill, often times advertised through companies offering photography products. A community college would be best for digital editing to access this software. It can be expensive to purchase outright.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back