Newbie Upgrading

Miso Hungry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, this is actually my first post on this forum so please bear with me if I do ask newbie questions.

I have been shooting with a Lumix lx3 for the past 8 months and have really enjoyed it but now I feel that I want to upgrade to a dslr and hopefully take photography a bit more seriously. I am actually very interested in portrait and fashion photography and am hoping to purchase the camera real soon.

I have been checking out different cameras online and was hoping to get some help from you guys. I do have a budget so I was looking at either the nikon d300s or the canon 7d. They both seem to be on point but would there be one that would have the advantage over the other? I also would want to know what the fuss about a full frame dslr such as the d700 and the 5d markII? Is it worth it to purchase a full frame instead? Thanks!

Here comes another canon vs nikon thread *sigh* They are both good cameras just do eenie meanie to pick one. Full frame has higher resolution and performs with less noise typically.

Most reactions

Back