What's new

newbie

eskimoquinn810

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 20, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hey folks,
I'm looking to get a bit more of an advanced camera. I currently have a crappy $150 point and shoot. So I'm in high school, i don't get much from my parents, and i pay for other things too (car, concerts, etc.) so i'd like to keep my budget at around $300-350. What I'd like to know is what kind (and how good) of a camera i can get for that price point. And if anyone can recommend a good place to buy a camera (preferably online) that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Quinn
 
Quinn,
for your budget, I don't believe you can get an SLR camera that is new. Best advice is google B&H or Adorama, look in their used department and call them up on sunday to see what else they have in new and used departments that you can get.
 
One of the big advantages of a DSLR is the ability to easily change lenses.

If you decide on moving up to a DSLR you'll also have to consider the quality and cost of a lens.

Right now the least expensive, new, main stream DSLR is probably Nikon's D40. Amazon has them, (with a pretty good lens) today for $461.39, They have 3 that have been 'refurbished' at $379.95 (Cameta Camera is Nikon's Authorized outlet for refurbished gear), and 15 used starting at the same $379.95.

Amazon.com: Nikon D40 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens: Electronics
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom