Newborn - new pp technique

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen this (or similar) type of technique done and always wondered how it was achieved. I kind of found out on accident!! :) Anyway, did I get it right? I don't really have an example of the technique to compare it to though.

Sorry about the watermark....
4624807214_e3930d13cf.jpg

4624807112_c588a6a7cb.jpg

i dig it, i might pull down the reds a little more, but thats just me

Not at all.... I opened the lighting levels dialog box and slid the middle (middle tones) slider to the left. That's it. Well, I adjusted some of the color cast and brightened it before hand. It may have just worked right on this photo. I'll have to try it on others. The original photo the baby is on a cream blanket.

Oh, and I use Photoshop Elements

Not at all.... I opened the lighting levels dialog box and slid the middle (middle tones) slider to the left. That's it. Well, I adjusted some of the color cast and brightened it before hand. It may have just worked right on this photo. I'll have to try it on others. The original photo the baby is on a cream blanket.

Oh, and I use Photoshop Elements

thanks, I also use elements I will have to try it out.

I've seen this (or similar) type of technique done and always wondered how it was achieved. I kind of found out on accident!! :) Anyway, did I get it right? I don't really have an example of the technique to compare it to though.

How can we tell if you got it right if we don't have the original that you were trying to mimic? lol. Like we know how it's supposed to look?

IMO, the shot is over exposed, with some blown out areas. It kinda hurts my eyes when looking at the shot. (physically, not mentally :))

Both the color and the B&W shot have a delicate, almost ethereal lighting quality. I find the B&W especially to be very pleasing to look at; the lighting tones are so delicate and bright and angelic. I see a bit of a yellowish patch on the baby's shoulder in the color shot--I'm not sure what that's from, but I do know that newborns' skin colors can change very rapidly, and some kids do have sort of yellowish skin patches due to some fairly common condition, the name of which escapes me.

I love them! Thanks for sharing your technique!

Both the color and the B&W shot have a delicate, almost ethereal lighting quality. I find the B&W especially to be very pleasing to look at; the lighting tones are so delicate and bright and angelic. I see a bit of a yellowish patch on the baby's shoulder in the color shot--I'm not sure what that's from, but I do know that newborns' skin colors can change very rapidly, and some kids do have sort of yellowish skin patches due to some fairly common condition, the name of which escapes me.

Jaundice.

I agree about the black and white, that's my favorite!!

Most reactions

Back