Newborn photography lenses

Discussion in 'Nikon Lenses' started by Stefana M, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Stefana M

Stefana M TPF Noob!

Hi guys,
    I am looking for 1-2 lenses on a Nikon750 for newborn photography.

I did around 10 sessions with my crop camera and now decided to switch to full.

My budget would be around 1000€ because I am still at the beginning and don't want to invest a fortune.

A lot of suggestions i've had so far nclude:

sigma 50mm 1.4 or nikon 50mm 1.8

85mm 1.8

24-120 f4

100mm 2.8

I'm thinking about a 50mm and the 105mm sigma...
    Would appreciate a feedback on these ones and even new suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. Space Face

Space Face Been spending a lot of time on here!

Top Poster Of Month

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    For this purpose I bought the Sigma 105 f1.4 Art. Slightly above your price but boy what a lens. I did find it a little on the long side tho, probably better suited to out door portraiture but I managed for my needs.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. Strodav

Strodav TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Although a lot of glass will work, but I'd recommend a portrait lens. There are several very, very good 85mm f/1.8 lenses out there that will do a great job. 85mm let's you get back far enough to avoid distortion and not be intrusive. You'll be able to shoot in lower natural light situations at f/1.8. Here are the ratings of the more popular brands for Nikon from DxOMark.com. I decided on the Tamron as I believe it's a nice balance between IQ, price, and weight and size. It has served me well. After an 85mm portrait lens, I'd keep a nifty fifty handy when you want to get in a bit closer.

If you would like to try before you buy, go to lensrental.com. If you'd like to buy used and save a few bucks, go to KEH.com and look for E+, E, or E- rated lenses. KEH.com is very reputable, has a 14 day return policy and offers warranties at a reasonable price.

85mm comparison.JPG

• Like Like x 1