Newborn Session

All poses are cliche... it's all been done.

BS it has.

#2 is the Dad.. not the Mom...

Who cares?

arm was worked on... took it to a point I thought was acceptable.

yeah, right - it's still not acceptable. A tighter crop would do it.

#3 All poses are cliche... it's all been done before...

BS it has. And your attitude seems to be "I won't improve or push myself because, well, it's all been done before." Ok! have fun with that.

Your shot... no light in the babies eyes... dead eyes...

No that's not true... there's light there.

doesn't do anything for me.

Lol - ok. Dude you can choose to take the criticism and improve yourself, or poo poo every line of it, which you have done on here and other posts too. I don't think there's any comparison between our two shots of a similar pose...

would have moved the light to not cast as shadow from right to left on the baby..

No, unlike in your photos, my photos use shadow play to create 3-dimensionality - photography 101. Here's anohter example, notice how unlike in your images whewre the lighting ratio is pretty much 1:1 all around, there is around a 3:1 ratio here, which helps create the illusion of 3d. Notice also how there is a distinct rim or "kicker" light to help pop the subjects out of the background, unless in yours where the subjects are lost:

5386221021_c3956053ea_z.jpg

black and white conversion is nice.

Thanks, but I'd recommend you worry more about composition, lighting and basic photography and not focus so much on "processing."

1st lets start by saying you have posted 2x's on my images/posts... no real constructive criticism... the senior session and this session. If you look at the all my posts since joining this forum... I've been nothing but helpful. I found your initial post from the senior session to be abrasive. I just said thank you for the comments as I didn't want to get in to a pissing contest with you. I didn't agree with your statements... and I don't really care if you like my work or not. At the end of the day... it's the clients who matter... and they are thrilled with my work. End of story.

Then I get the "Cliche" remarks today.... which really... there are no new poses in photography... it truly has all been done before. I put a lot of value on constructive criticism as I'm very willing to improve my work. To listen to those who have a solid foundation of work and can express how to improve someones work without coming across as an ass. The basis which I judge whether I listen to the person is based on their work and experience. You've posted one photo which has no catch lights and dead eyes.. with a large shadow on the belly and neck area. Not the best example I've seen to help me improve my work or to back up why I should listen to you. Image #2... I'm sure they loved it... doesn't do anything for me. Yeah... a 3:1 lighting ratio... and?

Thanks, but I'd recommend you worry more about composition, lighting and basic photography and not focus so much on "processing."
Very little post work is applied to my images... no clue what you are talking about in this statement.

There is just this hostile tone on how you come across on wanting to tell me how to improve my work. From the previous post and this one. Maybe you mean well... but I think you come across very arrogant in your replies.

I have links to my body of work... people can go to my sites and listen to what I have to say based on what they see... they either like it or hate... I'm cool with either/'or... care to share you work? Maybe I'll put a little more effort in to my replies and I won't think you are some troll just trying to stir things up.

Hatch

I have links to my body of work...

I know, I saw em ;)

Again, what you do with this information is your choice... and it looks like you've made it.

And I went through some of your posts last night... to get a better understanding of what kind of work you produce.... you initial post with your favorite images.... go back and read over the advice you offered me in this thread... about post processing...rim lights.. crops...etc. .and apply it to your work.

Please... from here on out... please do not comment on my work. You are in no position to offer me advice on how to improve, when you yourself have a lot to learn. This will be my last interaction with you.. comment on my stuff or not... I'm not going to respond... I don't want to waste anymore time or energy on you.

Hatch

Hatch!! I absolutely love this set! What was your light set up?

Don't proceed to tell me what to do - and don't even begin to compare your photography to mine.. it's a joke.

if you don't want people posting on your threads, then don't create them. This is a photography forum last time I checked...

Don't proceed to tell me what to do - and don't even begin to compare your photography to mine.. it's a joke.

if you don't want people posting on your threads, then don't create them. This is a photography forum last time I checked...

tCp90.gif

Dallas- Why come in a thread to start unwanted drama? Doesn't really make sense, but whatever. Might wanna go wash that sand out of your vagina! Just sayin!

ANYWAY!

Thank you so much for the link! Just what I was wanting to look at! What F-stop do you usually shoot at? Primary lens?

Really depends on the situation ...from F/5.6-F/11 depending on the lighting being used... if I want more depth of field...to make sure both the baby and the parent/s are in the focal plane. For the lens... again... depends...:) 85mm prime and a 135mm prime I tend to use the most. I will use a 50mm prime as well. I picked up the Canon 85L last year and I find myself using it more and more. Great lens! Nikon has a killer 85mm as well. Even the Sigma 85mm is killer if you get one that doesn't have issue.

Glad this helped and thanks for the comments.
Hatch

I think I'm just going to message you with a few more questions if you don't mind!! :p

Dallas- Why come in a thread to start unwanted drama? Doesn't really make sense, but whatever. Might wanna go wash that sand out of your vagina! Just sayin!

ANYWAY!
?

No vagina's here, fool! Might wanna check that RUDENESS at the door!

And I didn't start anything - i was critiquing photos. Some people don't take criticism too well, especially when it's absolutely true :) Those are the people you'll see churning out the same old crap in 5 years, who never improve themselves at all.

I can see you're a noob, so you might want to start doing things the right way now as opposed to later. I can tell by your post you are concerned about the wrong things (prime/zoom, f-stop, etc) and you might want to pick up some good photography books and you'll realizize that pros use zooms and primes both. Some of my favorite photographers of all time use fairly cheap zooms.

Last edited:
I knew this forum has an Ignore list.. awesome! Haley, just click on the profile image.. choose ignore... and all the ignorance disappears. :) Sending a reply to your PM now.

Hatch

I knew this forum has an Ignore list.. awesome! Haley, just click on the profile image.. choose ignore... and all the ignorance disappears. :) Sending a reply to your PM now.

Hatch

Wow! Now THERE is a great attitude for improving! ROFL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back