Newborn Session

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my boss knew I pretended to know what I was doing with a camera and asked if I would be interested in shooting his new baby. I of course said yes, because I thought it would be good practice. I thought I would share my favorite shots with you and see what you guys think. Lighting was done with 2 speedlights/umbrellas with a Nikon SB-700 and a Nissin dI622 Mark I.

$DSC_6514.jpg

$DSC_6522.jpg

$DSC_6541.jpg

$DSC_6641.jpg

Attachments

• $DSC_6519.jpg
    $DSC_6519.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 108
  • $DSC_6522.jpg
    $DSC_6522.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 91
  • $DSC_6541.jpg
    $DSC_6541.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 92
  • $DSC_6641.jpg
    $DSC_6641.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 86
Love the composition, and tone of this! I think you hit a home run. :thumbup:
I prefer the pics of the mom with baby, without the cropping. (bottom ones as opposed to the top two)
Does your boss like?

Thanks esselle. From the brief emails I have had with my boss's wife she is very happy with the set (around 20 images). I will find out from my boss tomorrow what his thoughts are.

Thanks esselle. From the brief emails I have had with my boss's wife she is very happy with the set (around 20 images). I will find out from my boss tomorrow what his thoughts are.
And, if you find your desk gone, and your coffee-mug in the garbage, then... well...

;)

Not bad, but more separation from the background would have really helped improve them.

And, if you find your desk gone, and your coffee-mug in the garbage, then... well...

;)

Not bad, but more separation from the background would have really helped improve them.

or maybe he'll get a raise. haha

Sweet poses of mom and baby. The biggest stand out issue I see is the blue fabric.. it really should have had the wrinkles smoothed out before shots fired.

Thanks for the replies. Its all those little details that make a difference and help. :thumbup:

I do not think that is a good pose for mom. Her new huge boobs are falling up (posing) and it looks like she has no neck. Baby is far away from her when we want to see baby & mom close (faces next to each other). Do you have any others with mom?

paigew - Sorry missed your reply. Mom was kind of leading the show, so I let her run with it. I know I probably should have been more vocal, but I didn't want to step on any toes. In all it was 2 hours, 178 photos, and 23 "keepers". The ones of mom and baby are similar, but some are of her looking into camera, but I see what you are saying, thanks.

All in all, I still have my job, and the boss approves. :thumbup:. I will chock this one up as a win, but with lessons learned! Thanks to all who contributed

I do not think that is a good pose for mom. Her new huge boobs are falling up (posing) and it looks like she has no neck. Baby is far away from her when we want to see baby & mom close (faces next to each other). Do you have any others with mom?

Yes, I totally agree with Paige. I think some sort of a prop for mom to sit on would have helped a lot. Whether a big bean bag, chaise lounge, couch - she so straight and flat on the ground, it just looks awkward. And, as Paige pointed out, gives her boobs a very boudoir/pin-up look.

The photos you got of baby by himself are nice, though I think three is a bit underexposed/could use a teeny bit of fill (think reflector rather than flash - that amount).

paigew - Sorry missed your reply. Mom was kind of leading the show, so I let her run with it. I know I probably should have been more vocal, but I didn't want to step on any toes. In all it was 2 hours, 178 photos, and 23 "keepers". The ones of mom and baby are similar, but some are of her looking into camera, but I see what you are saying, thanks.

All in all, I still have my job, and the boss approves. :thumbup:. I will chock this one up as a win, but with lessons learned! Thanks to all who contributed
yes! mom will treasure these pics for sure. I just was offering posing help for next time <3

#1,2,3 are underexposed. Moms boobs are the first thing I see. The focus is not on the baby. Whenever I have a mom that tries to steal the show I just change my DOF and blur her out a bit. The blue and the black together is kinda lack luster, plus the wrinkles don't help. Keep practicing. Your getting there.

Most reactions

Back