Newby here!!! Ready for the rath of photo-review...

aurlaub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a newby to thephotoforum so I'm definitely going to need some feedback. I recently decided I was going to start learning more about photography and customization of photos (I have some very good software that my hubby bought for me!! :thumbup: ) I've done a couple of shoots...outdoor settings because I don't have a studio...yet... :mrgreen:

Please be gentle with me...

Okay, so here's my first photo for you to critique...

MobileMe Gallery

You got some goodies in there (and some dummies, but hey we ALL do). I'd rather see some higher rez shots of them to be honest.

Thanks, Chris...

here are a couple of my favorites.

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

I'm SOOOO sorry, Reg... see...I'm definitely a noob... :(

Well since I can't see the gallery I'll make a couple comments on the two you posted:

1- Very good composition, but something seems funky with his head, did you sharpen the image? It seems either "cut-out" or oversharpened. Maybe go back in and decrease it a little.

2. Don't really like the blur you threw in there, and the center placement isn't always the best (obvious exception being close-in portraits). I don't know how this could really be fixed without reshooting, because if you crop one side, you lose the beautiful arch. Maybe next time you're at this location, try having the subject move off toward one door or the other.

#1 - looks OOF to me and over sharpened meaning he looks like he was pasted in the picture.

#2 - I agree about the blur, making an already OOF picture more OOF.

Great start!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!! I TOTALLY appreciate it!

Now, for the fun one that my kids like to refer to as the "who farted" picture. :lol: I took this with several others for Christmas 07. I think it looks better with the antiquing than it does in it's natural color. I still have to giggle looking at it...they were having a good time.

IMG_1123_2.jpg

Most reactions

Back