Next Big Meet-up?

All those coming to Rutland the weather forecast up to Saturday is wet and windy with a maximum of 16C.
So bring a mac, a sweater and decent boots :(

^^^ :lol:

Boots?! Yoiks. Don't really own anything suitable. So I'll need to be carried from place to place, okay?

Last edited:
Chris, shall I bring the bacon flavored chocolate? While I'm out buying a mac and wellies I can grab up one of those abominations as well... :D

I hear the permafrost around his ex is beginning to thaw... :mrgreen:
Hmm, from what I hear, the odds of that happening are equal to any/all of the following:

• The Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup next year
  • Hertz treating us to a clog-dancing display while in Oakham
  • Tempra passing up any offer to go to a pub while he's in town
  • Hell freezing over

[*]Hertz treating us to a clog-dancing display while in Oakham

Clog dancing is largely a Yorkshire aberration.
All my family come from Liverpool so I will treat you to a traditional display from there.
Namely, I kick the cr*p out of you and take your wallet and Rolex.
But it will be done with style and to music (or it will have music until I remove your iPod).

This time tomorrow I'll be at the airport. :mrgreen:

Well I hope you've had all your shots and packed enough bottled water to last you.
Advice to the foreigner in England for the first time:
Never discuss the Weather only Katie and Peter and what's going on in their lives :lol:

And should you see any men in suits getting beaten to a pulp by a bunch of people it's just the British electorate discussing Politics with their MPs.

Hmm, from what I hear, the odds of that happening are equal to any/all of the following:

• Tempra passing up any offer to go to a pub while he's in town

Oi - I resemble that remark!

Actually, my life has changed, my body is now a temple that the evil drink will no longer be allowed to permeate, especially after last night :meh:

We (the family temps) are driving up to Oakham on Sunday morning, as long as the car situation is ok, we had one good car at the beginning of the week, but Sandie sold that yesterday, should have another by the weekend or my old bus and a bit of luck will get us most of the way there. Might have to push it for the last few miles.

Let me know what the plan is - i.e. where on Sunday, the rest of the day I'm ok with no real plan as is the wont on these things, but it would be nice to know where to go.

Cheers

Tony

^^^ Heehee, I thought that might prompt a response out of you! (And hey, go ahead and desecrate the 'temple'. We won't tell anyone).

Ferny has said he hopes to join us on Monday, as he is helping out at a car show Saturday and Sunday. And a member from Wales will try to make the meet up as well (I forget his screen name at the moment). Still waiting to hear from Lil Loui and tb2

Edit: tb2 will be coming on Sunday!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back