Next Generation DSLR's?

Slowboat said:
They are both amazing pieces of technology with only room to grow. Being able to produce 12x18 inch prints from a 1/3 crop of the original RAW image from a 10D with no noise and image degeneration is more than I could hope for.

Am I understanding you correctly? You shoot a photo...save as raw....crop it down to 1/3 (66% smaller) of what it was....and are able to print a perfect quality 12x18" print from it? If so, then that is extremely remarkable!

On a alternate topic relating to the differences between the 10D and D70...I also read that the D70 has a shutter speed up to 1/8000, where as the 10D only goes to 1/4000. Granted, this feature won't be incredibly useful to everyone, but it would be nice to know that it was available if needed.

|DeZaStR| said:
Am I understanding you correctly? You shoot a photo...save as raw....crop it down to 1/3 (66% smaller) of what it was....and are able to print a perfect quality 12x18" print from it? If so, then that is extremely remarkable!

Yes that is correct.

Processed the RAW image using Adobe RAW, used the crop tool to grab only 1/3 of the original image @ 300dpi, changed image size to 320dpi, and then repeatedly upsized the image by 10% with bicubic smooth until the image size was 3876x5814 pixels, burned image to CD, drove to local Costco and had image printed in an hour on Fuji Crystal Archive for $3.00.

Here is a web version of the image
28281692.jpg

Most reactions

Back