Next Time

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is another image that I'll be going back to reshoot. The sky was as gray and dull as could be. We had that pre-storm gray sky going on :confused: It's only about 30 minutes away, so hopefull we'll have some nice cloud formations around next weekend?

50792641-L.jpg

That is a great photo op. The sky is blinding, but I am sure if you can get a day with the sky the way you want it, it would be perfect. Did you use the burn tool on that? Looks like it.
Anyway, that barn is magnificent!

Thanks you guys :mrgreen: This particular effect was done with a plug-in.

Given up a secret here *looks both ways*...shhhhhhh ;)
http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

They've got some neat little *toys* when you're just looking for something different. I never just apply the filter though. It's always done on a seperate layer. And I almost always use a different *blending* layer and change the opacity. Sometimes, I'll repeat this 3 or 4 times, depending on what effect I'm looking for.

I've had these filters for as long as I can remember, but I've just recently started using them. They're pretty plain by themselves, it's learning to add the other touches on PS. I normally only use filters like this to try and save an otherwise blah photo :mrgreen: If I used filters on everything, it would take away the fun and point of actually trying to take a good picture...I think? Anyways, check it out and if you have any questions, let me know.

MommyOf4Boys said:
That is a great photo op. The sky is blinding, but I am sure if you can get a day with the sky the way you want it, it would be perfect. Did you use the burn tool on that? Looks like it.
Anyway, that barn is magnificent!

I use the burn tool sometimes, but not a lot. I've got this thing for really high contrast and high key photos. I think it's an aquired taste :p I will slowly make adjustments and continually bump the contrast on different layers before I use the burn tool...if I can ;)

Wow. The effect is great, and so is the location, but I agree about the sky ... but there always is another day with a new sky, isn't there?

"Layers" are still a mystery on PS but it seems like I would soon need to learn what all they can do and how they work, right? Sounds like fun to know what all you can do with PS and even some plug-ins... didn't even know they were there!?!?!? Too cool.

Most reactions

Back