Niagara Butterfly Conservatory

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some recent shots. These guys were really active compared to my last visit and posed a challenge.

bfly0558.jpg

bfy0574.jpg

bfy0591.jpg

bfy0597.jpg

bfy0604.jpg

bfy0609.jpg

bfy0624.jpg

bfy0650.jpg

Enjoy,

Eric

it's becoming increasing difficult to express how i feel about your work; webster's has run out of suggestions. :hail:

Thanks Jon. There ok but they lack the sharpness I was hoping for and I almost did not post them. The damn things kept flapping and moving and I had no tripod. The lighting was poor so I used a bounce flash on most. I will try again sometime.

Eric

:hail: :hail: :hail: I think they are great

AIRIC said:
There ok but they lack the sharpness I was hoping for and I almost did not post them.

...but you did and obviously knew they were excellent captures! dont ya hate ending up in situations requiring props left behind? still, your images are wonderfully captured.

Thanks guys. Dan, the Conservatory is on the Canadian side between the Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge, very close to the Spanish cable car. It is open daily and cost $11 CAN to get in. There are hundreds of Butterflies and it is very easy to get them. I should have asked the best time to shoot them as they were very active this time. The last time they were mostly just sitting and much easier to shoot. They land right on your camera and head and you have to watch where you walk as they are also on the ground. Great place.

Eric

Eric ,brother in law awesome as usual. Let me get this straight though, are you saying that wildllife refuse to pose and are not always a willing participant? Challenging though!

EMX said:
was there alot of people there?

you think it would be easy to bring a tripod there?

also dan, you and I gota go there.

On the weekends the place is packed. Early morning weekday is best. Caution, it is very hot and humid in there. I did not have a problem with fogging but I could see it happening especially if your equipment is cold when you first come in. Dress lightly and there is a coat check.

Eric

Canoncan said:
Eric ,brother in law awesome as usual. Let me get this straight though, are you saying that wildllife refuse to pose and are not always a willing participant? Challenging though!

Yes, even under a controled place like the conservatory it can be a challenge. I'm still determined to get a shot of a butterfly flying...its a long term goal.

As a side note I guess you did not see the crack about your age in your "Daughter b/w post as I have not heard any flack about it, yet. :biglaugh:

Eric

(I think) I see what you are saying about the sharpness, (based on your previous posts) but great captures and colours. :thumbup:

Thanks for the little lesson on how to present butterflies, great work and thanks for sharing them.

Holy cow...these are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Great job.

Carl

Most reactions

New Topics

Back