Nicely Denying Digital File Sales.......

If your clientele is only interested in the price, then perhaps it's not you who is failing but your marketing is. Not everyone is interested in just a low price. There's folks out there who are willing to pay more for a better product.

Reinvent your marketing strategy, identify your target market and head in that direction instead. Promoting yourself as WalMart Photography is merely a race to the bottom. And it's like being a drug dealer.... every time one gets taken off the street, there's 25 more who will merrily take their place.

Improve your product, charge more, work less, make more money............... and be happy.

The product was always spot on, its the 'charging more' in a 'deprived area' which doesn't work and I'd had my fill of city life after ten years in London, I moved back to my home town 300 miles north after taking several bookings there and thought I'd continue till retirement in the area, I didn't come into this as a hobbyist and spent money retraining in digital image manipulation while digital pro cameras were knocking out a few megapixels and consumer cameras were at the 1mb image stage, I didn't even consider turning digital till the output was 12mb, around 04-5, there were few hobbyists offering services which could compete back then but since the crash it seems people only want 'cheap', I'm not and I'm not relocating again chasing money.

There's folks out there who are willing to pay more for a better product.
Finding those folks is the trick, innit?

I have in past posts advocated educating one's potential clients as to what is good and what is not so good.

Like any similar endeavor, that takes time, patience, skill, and a customer who is willing to undergo the learning process.

So never mind.

Finding those folks is the trick, innit?.....

As it is in every business enterprise. But once you start learning what watering hole the big game prefers, one finds they tend to refer each other to you.

Yes, it takes time. Yes, it's more work. No, there's no shortcuts. And if you're going to succeed in any business venture, you've got to ditch the employee attitude of "Hey, I'm working so I must be making money." Yet in order to get that work, far too many cut thier prices until they are no longer profitable.

Only after months of hemorrhaging do many realize their business was dead long ago.

There's folks out there who are willing to pay more for a better product.
Finding those folks is the trick, innit?

I have in past posts advocated educating one's potential clients as to what is good and what is not so good.

Like any similar endeavor, that takes time, patience, skill, and a customer who is willing to undergo the learning process.

So never mind.
Or to sum up in two word - Salesmanship & Marketing.

Most reactions

Back