Nigerian scammer/spammer no call list

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Someone needs to start a website where we can register if we already know about the Nigerian email scams. This way the Nigerian scammer/spammers can take a look, see that there is no way I'll ever fall for their lame brained email scams, and stop wasting their time filling my email box with their kooky offers.

I wish it was possible to do that! We used to get them FAXED to us! Email is one thing, but faxing ties up our phone line, wastes our ink, and wastes our paper. It really got ridiculous!

core_17 said:
I wish it was possible to do that! We used to get them FAXED to us! Email is one thing, but faxing ties up our phone line, wastes our ink, and wastes our paper. It really got ridiculous!

I have a simple 'revenge' solution for ya... :mrgreen:

All faxes will display the number they come from, right?... Well, you will need a few things from the stationery store, namely about six to eight pages of purely black paper and a good, strong roll of scotch tape. Take the first page, tape the next one to it, and the next, and the next... You should have a long, long piece of black paper now. :eyebrows: Well, now go to your fax machine and dial the number the initial spam fax came from. When you hear the beep tone then start faxing the long black roll. after the few two or three pages go through, take the very first page (while fax is running) and tape it to the last, so you kinda make a loop. Now let it run for a few good hours, knowing that their paper, and most of all, their ink will be gone in no time! I did this a few times and they stopped. :greendev:

Drawbacks to this: It will tie down your line, you might have to pay long distance.

But... Revenge is so sweet!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mitica100 said:
I have a simple 'revenge' solution for ya... :mrgreen:

All faxes will display the number they come from, right?... Well, you will need a few things from the stationery store, namely about six to eight pages of purely black paper and a good, strong roll of scotch tape. Take the first page, tape the next one to it, and the next, and the next... You should have a long, long piece of black paper now. :eyebrows: Well, now go to your fax machine and dial the number the initial spam fax came from. When you hear the beep tone then start faxing the long black roll. after the few two or three pages go through, take the very first page (while fax is running) and tape it to the last, so you kinda make a loop. Now let it run for a few good hours, knowing that their paper, and most of all, their ink will be gone in no time! I did this a few times and they stopped. :greendev:

Drawbacks to this: It will tie down your line, you might have to pay long distance.

But... Revenge is so sweet!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I laughed for a good minute after reading that. Pure evil genius my friend! :lol:

ksmattfish said:
Someone needs to start a website where we can register if we already know about the Nigerian email scams. This way the Nigerian scammer/spammers can take a look, see that there is no way I'll ever fall for their lame brained email scams, and stop wasting their time filling my email box with their kooky offers.

Oh man... I made the mistake of advertising 'for free' somewhere in Asia, being that I'm interested in collectible cameras. Well... A day after that I had twelve scam spams in my 'inbox' e-mail, from lotteries that I won to helping some poor bastard whose father died and left him/her a large sum of money... And so on. I loathe them!

I did 'collect' their e-mail addresses and when I reply I give them one of these e-mail addresses as being the 'home' e-mail address (pretending to be at work). :mrgreen:

Since I am on AOL (not that is that great), I have access to some spam filters and most of these offers fall into the spam-o-junker. So, I don't get that many nowadays.

spiralout said:
Pure evil genius my friend! :lol:

That'd be me!:greendev: :greendev: :greendev:

Remember when credit card offers were flooding our mail boxes? I had another system in place as well.

Them offers came with a 'No Postage Needed...' envelope, right? Well, I used to stuff that envelope with anything heavy, their offer, worthless coupons and fliers from the Sunday paper and such, to the point where it was pretty big and heavy. Then I included a little 'friendly' note like "This is what you get if you continue to send me more offers!", sealed it and mailed it.

You know, all these 'No Postage Needed...' envelopes are charged to the sender (company that makes the offer) and they are charged according to their weight. I have contemplated sending them a sheet of led too. :greendev:

Offers stopped.

oh Peter! that is a neat idea!!! hahah you made me laugh :p:p cool
but I have never got anything from Nigeria... I even did not know they have fax or internet there :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back