night portraits.

Corvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so my friend wants me to take some pics of her tonight. about midnight eastern time. I have my camera, tripod and 2 lens. thats not exactly what im worried about. Im worried about my lighting sources. I have my stock camera flash, which is eehhh in my opinion. What im wondering is, should i just look for street lights? parking lot lights? stuff like that? wasnt sure if anyone could bring a new idea to my attention. Thanks everyone.

Ryan

so my friend wants me to take some pics of her tonight. about midnight eastern time. I have my camera, tripod and 2 lens. thats not exactly what im worried about. Im worried about my lighting sources. I have my stock camera flash, which is eehhh in my opinion. What im wondering is, should i just look for street lights? parking lot lights? stuff like that? wasnt sure if anyone could bring a new idea to my attention. Thanks everyone.

Ryan

Get some shots with the meteor storm in the background, that would be cool.

Yes, find any light you can... keep a very close eye on your white balance. Those lighting sources you mentioned will give some very funky skin tones. SHOOT RAW.

p!nK

shoot in raw, those types of lights will give you a heavy yellow/golden colorcast

Get a flash light!! its so much fun. Make sure you're in a really dark area.. release your shutter for about 5-10 seconds and paint her with the flash light, you would be surprised with the result. Make sure she stays really still while the light is on her AND try and be as quick as possible. Street lights usually mess with your white balance.. give the flash light thing a go :)

You can use anything, I used a Dewalt florescent for this shot lol.

4654382147_a004b09d1b_b.jpg

Yeah using a flashlight can make due for some really funky photos, also if you got the budget for it, get an SB900 and use it as an off camera flash I personally have an SB600 and a trigger so that i can use it off camera. I dont know what your setup is so I dont know if you would be able to trigger it off camera. But try the flashlight idea.

i love the pic Dieselboy. did you just put it somewhere above her? i may go buy one of those cause right now i cant afford a canon speed light.

I think what dieselboy may have done is walk over the girl in the photo when the shutter closed and turned on the flashlight and then maybe turned it off when he got to the end. How fast he was walking I have no clue, how long the shutter was closed I don't know either

I think what dieselboy may have done is walk over the girl in the photo when the shutter closed and turned on the flashlight and then maybe turned it off when he got to the end. How fast he was walking I have no clue, how long the shutter was closed I don't know either

Doesn't make sense, shutter open, take pic, shutter closed, no pic. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back