What's new

Night Shoot Around Campus C&C

ohlins8990

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I should post some stuff from one of my more recent shoots. Thanks for looking.

4151464082_f6bea4da67_b.jpg
4150705923_b1c500e911_b.jpg
4151464374_c185456ab0_b.jpg
4150706389_42cd95542d_b.jpg
4151464822_bd45a18274_b.jpg
4150706687_80692b5603_b.jpg
4150706869_672f77748f_b.jpg
 
I like the first one best. Was your white balance off on some of these? Or maybe they were overexposed. It looks like there was some detail lost in some of these. For example, the football field shot lost detail in the bleachers.
Fun shots though. I always love night photography.
 
i like 2. i think it's you best subject out of these.
next time try to frame it a little less tight.

overall all your subjects are too centered, play with your composition.

night photography is indeed a lot of fun.
 
I love the second one with the fountain, although i wish it had a little bit more light. And I also love the last one. Some of the others would be better if they were more in focus and sharper. Were you using a tripod.
 
I really like the football stadium, and the way the sky looks.
 
Thanks for the advice...as far as the white balance goes, the lights are very yellow and not real sure that much can be done.

I did use a tripod...but its was a cheap one from walmart...looking back on it I prob should have set the timer for 2 sec so it didnt get the shake from me pressing the shutter button. Thanks again.
 
Thanks for the advice...as far as the white balance goes, the lights are very yellow and not real sure that much can be done.

I did use a tripod...but its was a cheap one from walmart...looking back on it I prob should have set the timer for 2 sec so it didnt get the shake from me pressing the shutter button. Thanks again.

Depending on the Camera you own you can White Balance in camera through the settings. I usally don't worry about it, because I fix stuff like that in Post Processing anyway.

You're last shot is the only one that caught my attention.
 
I'd say the 5th picture down is about what ones eye is seeing and always thought when I adjusted WB it looked kinda weird. Camera's a D70 w/ 18-70.
 
I think no.2 is the best one of the lot, but like said a little more light into it. No.5 is really crisp looking - the top of the building against the black sky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom