What's new

Night shooting HELP!! LOLOLOL

As has been said, there is no magic lineup to try because the setting will depend on the available light. Typically for night action in low light you need lenses with a large fixed aperture (2.8 or better) or High ISO. Actually, both would be nice!

Rent a 200 f/2, or 70-200 2.8. Your current lens is probably maximum 5.6 or smaller aperture depending on focal length. A 2.8 lens will let in TWICE as much light or more. So I think if you could rent a lens, you will get your shutter speed up and have a better chance of keeping your ISO at 800 or lower. I am not familiar with the D50 though and what ISO you can go up to and still have acceptable noise.

To start, I would go with:
- Aperture of 2 or 2.8 depending on lens
- Aperture priority
- ISO 800, just be sure to expose properly using exposure compensation dial then use noise reduction in post processing.

GREAT reply and thanks a million too. I will rent something for this weekend and do ALOT of experimenting.
 
Ok, These photos are not as bad as you first made out. It is dark and the artificially light will never look as good a a blue sky day. I think a little Photoshop will go a long way in fixing the color and by adding a sharpness filter. You could add your own lights off camera or even some on camera will help.
 
I did ps them all, alot too. Alot of shadow highlight which is junk but I did need it and made it kind of work?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom