Night shot c&c please

syphlix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregorytran.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i posted a similar photo here before... but HDR and shot in the daytime...

here's a nighttime version... what do you think?

looks a little soft to me... not sure if it's cuz of the long exposure or cuz of the kit lens... or maybe something else...

8 seconds at f8

3976512261_3a7d515370_b.jpg

This is a nice photo, syphlix. I like how the lights sparkle. They almost look like Christmas lights. The effect of the water is also a really cool. It looks surreal. I agree that it seems a little soft. Maybe a little sharpening? Good job nonetheless!

Very nice, I like the soft look from the long exposure, almost a surreal feel, like a dream.

I like the composition and love the water.
What's the fuzzy area around the top of the front-most pillar? Was it cloudy or foggy? Noise from pushing darks and/or HDR?

Really nice shot, dosen't look like it needs anything but a slight touch up to me.

Good work. :thumbup:

here's a nighttime version... what do you think?
I wish the support on the left was a little higher in the frame (or crop the top down to just above the support/flag pole). I also wish there was a bit more water at the bottom.

It's a nice shot but the color of the sky is odd...was it overcast and the clouds catching the lights from the city?

Never mind...I looked at the image on Flickr and saw that it was taken on a rainy night.
looks a little soft to me... not sure if it's cuz of the long exposure or cuz of the kit lens... or maybe something else...

8 seconds at f8
You might to try this again at f/11 - f/16.

What ISO was this shot at? And which camera are you using? And was this shot in JPEG or RAW?

I like the composition and love the water.
What's the fuzzy area around the top of the front-most pillar? Was it cloudy or foggy? Noise from pushing darks and/or HDR?

what fuzz part? do you mean the flag?

it was complete cloud cover...

wasn't HDR just one exposure...

samanax - i feel the same way about the water. problem is theres a railing there, and the way it's framed is just what my tripod can reach up to over the railing, w/out having the railing in the pic...

i'll prob try this again on a clear night and see how different it looks... and experiment w/ different apertures... i tried at higher apertures but didn't like them and i deleted... can't remember why i think maybe the lights didn't flare out as much?

iso100, canon XSi, raw, kit lens at 18mm

Most reactions

Back