This Morning's dew C&C anyone?

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This morning, the grass outside appeared covered with snow from the sun reflecting off of the dew. So much dew was on the grass, I thought it mike make an intersting macro photo...Any thoughts on improving it?

3977325548_0f4de61f6d_o.jpg

wow crazy

i've never messed w/ macro so i'm not sure it's possible... but could the whole thing be in focus?

also can try to get even closer in and get a small patch of this in perfect detail...

The reflection off the dew drops in the foreground are distracting because they're not in focus but the blur on it isn't strong enough to ignore them. I agree with syphlix in that a closer shot could be taken.

Great idea, but the execution could be improved a little. Set your camera so that you're shooting at as flat an area as possible to reduce the needed DoF, decrease your aperture somewhat, to say f11, and move further back from the subject. DoF in macro work is VERY shallow, often in the order of 1mm. By moving farther back and using a smaller aperture, you will get significantly greater DoF, then crop the image in post to produce a smaller, well focused image.

How much PP work did you do to this image? Seems oversaturated and noisy in the shadows...almost looks like you went a little overboard with the sharpness slider too. Not a real fan of vignettes. Wish it didn't have that spot just left of center with no blades of grass.

The exif says this was taken with a Canon XS but it looks like it was taken with a older P&S camera.

Just a note, a Fabreeze spray bottle filled with water can create a great "instant dew" on demand... and no one needs to know.

I did use the slide probably to much for the sharpness, had a hard time telling when enough was enough. It was a Canon, and I cropped alot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back