Night shot out my door

KylePeterson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Night shot I took right outside my front door. I'm definitely still learning. Feedback is welcomed!

Frontdooratnight800.jpg

dcclark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
blog.dcclark.net
Photos OK to edit
First, thanks for posting! There's always more to learn... I still get a bit nervous about posting for critiques, and I've done it plenty...

OK, onto the C&C: The long exposure is neat. But, I don't see any particular subject for the photo -- the tree? The street? There's a lot going on here. I find that often long exposures lend themselves to the "neato, it's a long exposure!" effect, which makes people forget their basics. :)

Not trying to be harsh -- it seems like you've got the technical side down pat. Now you just need to change your composition a bit!

OP
KylePeterson

KylePeterson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
thanks! I agree, I'm not sure what the subject is besides - "what I see out my front door". Thanks for the input!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes, right: it is "just" the view out of your front door... but it now makes me curious (and you maybe more adventurous?) and I wish that next time you actually walk those few steps to the corner and look from there!?!?! C'mon. Take us there! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics