Night shot

Florin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! :)

I would like some critique on my night shot.

Gear used: Canon EOS 3000V, adapter ring, Carl Zeiss Pancolar 50/1.8, tripod and Fuji Superia 200 film.

Exposure: 15"
f number: 11

You know those freaks that don't edit a single pixel of the photos they take? I'm one of them. :) That is why the bottom left corner has a part of the window frame in it.

800 pixel version

000010_800x600.jpg

1024 pixel version
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/VasileFlorin/000010.jpg

I like it. Definitely not what I was expecting... :)

Wow, it almost looks like a galaxy shot from the Hubble!

Bună Florin, was the picture taken in Bucureşti? If so, which area?

It is a very interesting photo.

Thank you all for your feedback! Maybe I can get some negative feedback as well. What are the things that you don't like?

Yes, the picture was taken in Bucharest(Soseaua Panduri - Jose Rizal square).

All those water drops give me a headache... ;)

^^^ Agreed.

I don't understand why you wouldn't edit a single pixel...Ansel Adams edited his photos. Hell, he could spend weeks working on a single image. o_O

I can't decide whether to look at the water droplets on the window pane or at the lights behind it. But interesting shot, nevertheless! :sexywink:

Yeah, that's very neat. Not at all what I was expecting. My daughter went "Whoa! That looks pretty!" (she's 7, but she liked it anyway)

^^^ Agreed.

I don't understand why you wouldn't edit a single pixel...Ansel Adams edited his photos. Hell, he could spend weeks working on a single image. o_O

Because I don't make a living out of photography. It's just a hobby and I like to spend the time that I dedicate to it by making nice photos while holding the camera, not the mouse. :)

CareToPose, the idea was to make a contrast between the moving sensation given by traffic and the water drops on the window.

manaheim, that was the exact same reaction I had when I saw the photo. :) I'm happy that your daughter liked it. :goodvibe:

Last edited:
I can't find anything negative to say, Florin. Sorry. You so long for us to say something negative, but this photo is just good. So why not say so?

And welcome to ThePhotoForum :D !!!

I can't find anything negative to say, Florin. Sorry. You so long for us to say something negative, but this photo is just good. So why not say so?

And welcome to ThePhotoForum :D !!!

Thank you, LaFoto! I am hoping for feedback that will help me improve my photos. Underexposed? Overexposed? To blurry? Things like this. This was my first roll of Fuji Superia 200 and I like the colors a lot. :)

Thank you all for your feedback! Maybe I can get some negative feedback as well. What are the things that you don't like?

Florin, I'm not familiar with Jose Rizal square, but I have been to Bucharest a few times and know that it is a very beautiful city. I would love to see some more night shots if you have them.

You can see a night shot that I took of Palatul Justiţiei the last time I was in RO by clicking on the PBase link in my signature.

Florin, I'm not familiar with Jose Rizal square, but I have been to Bucharest a few times and know that it is a very beautiful city. I would love to see some more night shots if you have them.

You can see a night shot that I took of Palatul Justiţiei the last time I was in RO by clicking on the PBase link in my signature.

Paul, the square is about half a mile away from the second largest building in the world. :) Unfortunately I don't have more night shots.

The photos in your links brought back a lot of memories. :goodvibe:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back