What's new

Night Shots from my window...

lostcase_gib

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
341
Reaction score
0
Location
Gibraltar, Europe
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shots taken at about 1am from my window, played with levels a bit but not too much as im too tired... what do u think???

IMG_2950_1.jpg


IMG_2957_1.jpg
 
first one looks good. 2nd one looks like you set your iso way to high as it has alot of noise
 
I like the first one and i think the second one has a good idea behind it, but like stated previously has a high noise issue
 
ill drop the levels a bit on the second then as i did it with an iso of 100.
 
A bit of NeatImage might help and NOT render Photo 2 too soft, either (I tried for you, lostcase, wanna see?). I felt like trying since I like the second photo quite a bit, given it's only that tree lit up from some street light, and the starry sky. Nice idea.
 
I second NeatImage. And its free too, so you can't go wrong. You can also see a tiny part of the crane in the 2nd photo.
 
I would love to see what you did with it plz.

I will also post the original photo too when i get home.
 
I did nothing other than run it through the Demo Version of NeatImage which you can download for free at www.neatimage.com - look:

Lostcase-gib_IMG_2957_1_filtered.jpg
 
cheerz for that!

will be downloading it and using it on previous pics i have taken when i had the iso setting on 400 and 800!! lol i learnt very quickly not to do that again!
 
ermmm f3.2 with a 10sec exposure on ISO 200 for the tree shot and the landscape shot was f/2.7, ISO 80 and a 15sec exposure. then played with levels a bit.

Camera is a Canon s5 is (semi-slr)
 
Aw, I really like the second one.
 
nice one mark, me voy ase downloading el program ese right now

LaFoto thanks for the neat image link, and nice work on marks (lostcase) foto
 
Of course there's going to be noise, they're long exposures.

They're good attempts, but next time, try for even LONGER exposures, like 20 minutes.
 
my camera can only go to a 15sec exposure... doesnt have bulb or longer exposures... :(
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom