Night shots (somthing im working on)

edtek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i am no mean a professional but just working on night shot!
let me know what need to be done!:D

l_f3c63ed9c09741b9535c9a3d5a3ec852.jpg

l_6590f66ef3e1b5b057678f917eb9765b.jpg

The first has too little light anywhere to really be that interesting to the viewer's eyes (who is not familiar with the street and to whom those surroundings don't mean anything). Plus I am not too happy about the one and only light to be smack-dab in the middle of the photo and the tree dividing the photo into two halves. If you cropped this into a vertical frame, leaving out everything that is on the left now, it might look better.

At 600 px wide, they are a bit small for any critical viewing, but I think I can detect some noise in the second, which suggests you shot at a high ISO setting.

With a tripod, you can quite safely also go for the lowest ISO possible, PLUS you can go for a small aperture (high f-number) and a LONG exposure. That will mean that light sources no longer show as big, bright blobs, but like little stars. Test it out. You might light the effect.

And look for places to shoot where there is LIGHT at night. Or don't go in the middle of the night, but at dusk. That will give you more detail in the shadows and the sky.

I just did some of my first night shots, I would find a place with more happening in the frame. Downtown city lines and such.......Moving cars leave light trails without seeing the car, .......search for my thread ( my first night shots )....you'll find some pics and my settings in one of the replies....

Low ISO, Small Aperature ( high f/# ), long exposure and a tripod

Good luck, take lots of pics too....

The first has too little light anywhere to really be that interesting to the viewer's eyes (who is not familiar with the street and to whom those surroundings don't mean anything). Plus I am not too happy about the one and only light to be smack-dab in the middle of the photo and the tree dividing the photo into two halves. If you cropped this into a vertical frame, leaving out everything that is on the left now, it might look better.

At 600 px wide, they are a bit small for any critical viewing, but I think I can detect some noise in the second, which suggests you shot at a high ISO setting.

With a tripod, you can quite safely also go for the lowest ISO possible, PLUS you can go for a small aperture (high f-number) and a LONG exposure. That will mean that light sources no longer show as big, bright blobs, but like little stars. Test it out. You might light the effect.

And look for places to shoot where there is LIGHT at night. Or don't go in the middle of the night, but at dusk. That will give you more detail in the shadows and the sky.
haha, yea im still working on such things as positioning and ways to crop but thanks for the advice!

Most reactions

Back