What's new

Night Storm

Maxx RS4

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
I took these tonight as the electric storm was passing. It was my first ever attempt at capturing lightning. Not too bad I suppose.

C&C welcomed

Heat_by_pbialk.jpg





Lightning_by_pbialk.jpg
 
Not bad at all!!!
Look how the lightning lights up the clouds from within! Wow. That, to me, is the nicest aspect of these photos!
 
Very nice!! I like #1 the est the way it illuminates the clouds.
 
they're pretty good, i've never been able to get lighting shots like that (suppose i havent really tried much either...) the only criticism i have , is that it looks like you may have moved the camera a little in them.. the landscape looks a tad blurry and the lights are smeared a bit. other than that, try to keep a low ISO if you didnt, and keep shooting, i like them a lot
 
Iso was at 50. It was really windy so thats why the trees in the bottom are blurred. The lights are just blown out from the long exposures.

Thanks for all the props though, I wanna do it again as soon as it storms again!
 
Take this with a grain of salt since I don't really know much about photography, but I really like the first photo. The fact that you actual caught the lightning in the photo is impressive to me.
 
Wow, nice work. I have never been in the right place at the right time for these. :(
 
I dig them! I am not brave enough to go outside when it storms, besides, I have 173 pound dog in my lap whenever it thunders!
 
Best thing i've heard to do to capture lightning is to set the shutter speed to bulb. it's going to be dark anyhow, so you won't over expose anything. and just close the shutter after some lightning strikes. but i'll leave that for the brave. me+lightning= indoors away from windows.
And nice job!
 
Best thing i've heard to do to capture lightning is to set the shutter speed to bulb. it's going to be dark anyhow, so you won't over expose anything. and just close the shutter after some lightning strikes. but i'll leave that for the brave. me+lightning= indoors away from windows.
And nice job!

My P&S doesn't have that feature or I would.. :blushing:
 
Ooh I like these very much! Great job!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom