Night Time Cityscape Shots of Calgary - C&C

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Weather is finally getting half decent in the evenings temperature wise so I decided to head out after washing the car and take night shots of the car with remote triggered flashes....however its not THAT warm, and with the cool breeze I couldn't be bothered to try setting everything up in the cold. So I decided to turn my car shoot location that was going to be the background into the subject and take some long exposure shots.
It's my first time playing around with 10+ second exposures. Needless to say I'm tripod mounted but its still a challenge to control camera shake with the wind. Aside from remote trigger any tips? It was gusty on the ridge where I was shooting from.
Comments and Criticism are welcome, it was my first try so I'm looking for some pointers to improve.

3449632672_6137a88bec_b.jpg

3448816173_7df91ec6b4_b.jpg

3448819397_a335153c64_b.jpg

I love those shots, what F stop did u use ???

in order; 11, 7, 22

I was shooting on Shutter priority on a D90. Being the first time trying it I was more focused on getting a long enough exposure to light everything properly, it was bloody dark on the hill. i started off thinking like 1/10 would be right, but quickly found out that it just gave me a black photo. played around until i got to 10-20 seconds

That is a really cool shot Denver is crappy for trying this kinda shot hahaha

Calgary isn't much better at the moment. That's like the one hill in town above the river, and the whole city is brown and dirty from the snowy winter we had.

Will be interesting to go back and do the same thing again once everything gets green.

Most reactions

Back