Night Tree

bbaker35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Real original title huh?? lol

I shot this picture when I was visiting my old college a couple of weeks ago. This was a tree that I passed nearly every single day for 4 years and never even noticed it. I was visiting a friend one evening and stopped to take some shots of some of the buildings on campus. After about 30 minutes of getting nearly no keepers I got back in my car and was about to leave. As I was pulling out of the parking lot I noticed this tree and decided to stop and see what I could get. It's a good thing I did because this one is the best of the night, and in my opinion one of the best I've taken to date. (Hey, I haven't been doing this for too long).

Please let me know what you think.

Ben

NightTree.jpg

the pole is on an angle and the lights are REALLY bright and i think you have a flare (or something) in the branches of the tree on the right hand side???

Well.....

I guess you got me on the pole being on an angle. I didn't even notice it.

I like the lights the way they are though.

Yes there definitely is a flare...

Can anyone remove the flair via PS??

For me, I think the pole and the light ruined the scene because the light is just too bright. I think its better if you adjust the contrast of the light, make it a bit darker to make it more interesting. The tree is great though :)

i like the idea, but it does not look like it worked out. i can appreciate the attempt however. it's tough shooting right into a light like that without getting hotspots and lens-flare- both of which are my personal photographic nemesis.

(sp. of plural nemesis anyone? it will be worth extra credit)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back