Nikkor 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF Opinions

andynrach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking at a new piece of glass. In a perfect world, I would be purchasing a 70-200 2.8, but then I would also be married to a hot, rich guy and living someplace far warmer. So, in my real world I have my charming and adequately hot but not so rich hubby and a budget. I've been looking at macro lenses for awhile, and recently clued into the fact that the 28-105mm 3.5 has macro capabilities. I also like the idea of having a lens that reaches a little bit futher then the 24-70 I already have. Does anyone have experience with this lens? I've read that it's sharp, but then I have read that about almost every nikkor lens and we know that isn't always the case. Ken Rockwell is okay with it, but then who made Ken Rockwell the boss? I would appreciate the opinions of you all!! Thanks!!

p.s. I know that the 70-200 isn't a macro, but I can't really touch anything with a 2.8 in that focal range for my pricepoint....so I thought this might kill two birds with one lens and get me an extended focal length and macro capabilities.

Last edited:
If you can get one for not alot of money, go for it! its one of the good lens you can get for cheap for a full frame!

Most reactions

Back